Every week in Los Angeles there are tons of great things to do (even before the weekend gets started) that we think you ought to have on your radar. With that in mind, we put together a list every Monday morning to keep you in the know about what’s happening in the city you love (or maybe just like).
This week, from Monday, July 25 to Friday, July 29, features PokeWeek at the L.A. Zoo, a Twilight Concert at the Pier, TOKiMONSTA at the Hammer, Free admission on the Queen Mary, Roaring Nights, Friday Flights at The Getty and LOTS more.
Remember you can always go to our L.A. events calendar page to get an updated rundown of what’s happening around the city.
Hope you find the rundown useful and, as always, enjoy your week!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundown sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program.]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
Monday July 25th, 2016
1. The L.A. Zoo will offer discount admission for Pokemon Go players from July 25-29 for PokeWeek.
2. Prepare to watch pro surfers dominate the gnarliest of waves during the US Open of Surfing taking place at Huntington Beach July 23 through Sunday July 31. FREE
3. Come on out to Angel City Brewery in DTLA’s Arts District as they host one epic game night that includes 15+ Board Games, 8+ beers on tap, a 3-round cornhole Tournament and one geeky host. FREE
4. Every week the the team from Smoke and Mirrors aims to add a little razzle-dazzle to your Monday monotony with Magic Monday at The Santa Monica Playhouse. DISCOUNTED
5. L.A. Restaurant Week a.k.a. Dine L.A. (July 18-31) is a 14 day food event at over 300 restaurants across Los Angeles County. Each restaurant will host unique pre fixe menus for guests to expereince at a special price.
6. Hot Tub with Kurt & Kristen at The Virgil featuring a lineup that includes Chris Charpentier, Debra DiGiovanni, Nigel Lawrence, Dave Ross, Sara Schaefer, and Hampton Yount.
Tuesday July 26th, 2016
7. Sweet Rose Creamery in Studio City is hosting free summer screenings every Tuesday. This week they will screen Breakfast Club. FREE
8. Sip Rosé on the rooftop of The London West Hollywood as you take a guided painting class led by international artist Gage John Lazare.
9. Get a taste of Old Hollywood and sip on classic cocktails with the Historic Hollywood: Stars & Bars Gang as they recall Hollywood tales and history. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. Roundabout Theatre Company’s production of Cabaret comes to the Hollywood Pantages. This Tony-winning musical takes you into the Kit Kat Klub where a unground cabaret plays escape from pre-WWII Berlin. DISCOUNTED all week (via Goldstar)
11. LACMA Tuesday Matinee Film Series screens Fantastic Mr. Fox.
12. Food truck night at the California Heritage Museum features a big selection of tasty food trucks (5:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.) FREE
13. World Rhythms at Descanso Gardens features world music and dance performances in a gorgeous garden setting every Tuesday from June 7 to July 26 from 6-7 p.m.
Wednesday July 27th, 2016
14. Grand Central Market is hosting FREE movie screenings at Horse Thief BBQ’s patio featuring cult classic favorites all summer. FREE
15. Above Sixty is hosting a FREE movie night every Wednesday now through Sept. 28. This week they will screen Caddyshack. FREE
16. Shakespeare By The Sea will host a performance of Othello at Green Hills Memorial Park and a second show at Wilson Park on Firday.FREE
17. Get your sun salutations on during Grand Park’s lunch time free yoga class stop by at 12:15 p.m. yoga runs till 1 p.m. FREE
18. The Grove hosts a free summer concert series every week this month. This week Cher Llyod with AJ will perform. FREE
19. Monkey Town is a pop-up dinner series with an immersive 27-foot video installation cube in which you will dine inside of on a 5-course meal prepared by chef Nick Montgomery of Osso. Happening Wednesday-Sunday.
20. Vinoteque on Melrose hosts a trivia night on their patio every Wednesday at 8p.m. FREE
Thursday July 28th, 2016
21. In honor of the Salon Series the Queen Mary in Long Beach will provide free admission to the ship after 3 p.m. on July 28, 2016.
22. As part of KCRW Summer Nights The Hammer Museum presents Disappear Here featuring TOKiMONSTA with Ambré and special guests + KCRW DJ Travis Holcombe. Show runs 6:30-10:30 p.m. You can also check out Twilight Concerts at Santa Monica Pier on Thursday featuring Protoje with Raging Fyah and hosted by KCRW DJ Anne Litt. 7-10 p.m. FREE
23. The Alchemist’s Lab: A Victorian Escape Room happening this Thursday through Sunday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
24. History Lit will bring to life three immersive short plays at Pasadena Museum of History Thursday through Sunday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
25. Old Pasadena Summer Cinema screens three films this week. On Thursday the Pasadena Senior Center will screen Minimalism: A Documentary about the Important Things; Friday The Truman Show at One Colorado and Touching The Void at Distant Lands Travel Book Store. FREE
26. Experience the food and culture of East Hollywood’s ethnic neighborhoods through a four hour foodie tour this Thursday and Saturday. DISCOUNTED
27. Throwback Thursdays at NOHO cinema screens Full Metal Jacket this week. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
28. Grand Performances in DTLA will host a happy hour starting at 4:30 with International Disco and Funk with DJs Joel Quizon & Rani De Leon. FREE
29. The Virus: An Immersive Escape Room Experience happening Thursday through Sunday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
30. Sizzling Summer Nights continue at the Autry’s outdoor patio featuring some of LA’s best salsa and Latin fusion bands. Guests will enjoy weekly free dance lessons with award-winning salsa instructor Enio Cordoba, as well as margaritas, tacos and more.
31. Free Museums This Thursday
- The Japanese American National Museum offers free admission from 5 p.m. – 8 p.m. every Thursday. FREE
- Every Thursday evening from 5 p.m. – 8 p.m. admission is free to both the MOCA on Grand and The Geffen Contemporary. FREE
- The Skirball Cultural Center is free to all every Thursday. FREE
Friday July 29th, 2016
32. The L.A. Zoo’s annual Roaring Nights, is back with an awesome assortment of music, food trucks, animal encounters, new exhibits and more. Check for discount ticket offers before you purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
33. Lucky Rice is back in Los Anegeles with over 40 of the city’s top Asia-minded culinary heroes and drinks from some of LA’s favorite local watering holes.
34. California Market Center and Wags & Walks are combining shopping with a puppy adoption fair with CMC offering a curated selection of clothing, accessories, and shoes.
35. KCON is the largest Korean culture fan convention and music festival in Los Angeles and it takes place at L.A. Live in Downtown July 29-31.
36. Guests can actually go on to the field for a spectacular fireworks show during Los Angeles Dodgers Friday Night Fireworks. This weekend the Dodgers are up against the Diamondbacks. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
37. Candis Cayne will host Le Bal at the Theater at The Ace with special performances by new and legendary ladies of Drag putting on a dazzling drag performance like you’ve never seen before. Check for discount ticket offers before you purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
38. Summertime Cinema at Westfield Culver City will screen Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation.FREE
39. Little Tokyo is hosting a food and cultural festival featuring tastings, restaurant discounts, workshops, giveaways and more from July 29 through July 31.
41. Presented by Arts Brookfield every Friday night the FIGat7th plaza will host free concerts for the public spanning multiple music genres all summer. FREE
42. Tony Award-winning puppet musical Avenue Q continues at the Cupcake Theater for a marvelous (and hilarious) look at trying to make it as an adult in NYC. DISCOUNTED all weekend (via Goldstar)
43. Barnsdall Park’s Friday Night Wine Tasting happens all summer long. Guests will enjoy fine wine, art in the gardens and and live music.
44. Friday Flights at The Getty is a free summer series with music, special projects, dance, film and more. This program includes music by M. Geddes Gengras and wild Up’s Lewis Pesacov, installations by Jim Drain and Jennifer Juniper Stratford, a performance by Ry Rocklen and Nick Lowe’s The Bushes, a film program presented by Veggie Cloud and more. FREE
45. A free pinup-themed prom will take place in Burbank at the Pinup Girl Boutique. FREE
46. Free Museums This Friday
- The Long Beach Museum of Art is free from 3 – 8 p.m every Friday. FREE
Want to get our to-do lists straight to your inbox every week? Sign up for our email program.
Have an upcoming event you’d like suggest for listing? Drop us a line at [email protected]