You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, January 18, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] There’s a five day pop-up of Ed Ruscha Films on view at the Verle Annis Gallery. Runs from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. FREE
2. [noon] The Paley Center is currently hosting a Comedy Central Drunk History exhibit. Visitors will get to walk through large dioramas of scenes in episodes of the new season now till January 20, 2019. FREE
3. [noon] Cats On Glass Gallery is a pop-up from January 18-27 with a purpose, presented by Fresh Step Clean Paws. The “gallery” will feature a cat-lebrity Walk of Fame, a larger-than-life cat display, a yarn pom-pom room, a “me-owm” meditation room, and adoptable cats from spcaLA on view from a glass playhouse. Gallery hours are noon to 8 p.m. Located at 1147 Hope Street. FREE
4. [5 p.m.] The City of Pasadena will host a Family Astronomy Night this Friday with scientists from the Carnegie Observatories. Stargaze with the team and see the moon, Mars and more through their telescopes. FREE
5. [6 p.m.] Odd Nights At The Autry feature a collection of vendors, gourmet food trucks, children activities, guests DJ’s, a full bar and access to The Autry Gallery until 9 p.m. happening every third Friday of the month until October 2019.D
6. [8 p.m.] Dance The Odyssey Theatre celebrates the art form of dance this week with a performance by Genevieve Carson/L.A. Contemporary Dance Company.
7. [8 p.m.] Zoso – The Ultimate Led Zeppelin Experience at The Regent Theater.
8. [8:30 p.m.] DEEP-LA & BENDER presents “City Lights” at SKYSPACE a dance party 1,000 feet above the shining lights of DTLA. The evening will also include a sonic sound bath, free rides on the “Skyslide,” tarot/astrology readings and more.
9. [various] Dreamscape Immersive, the latest contender in location-based virtual reality, has opened in the Westfield Century City mall with three unique adventures that include an alien zoo, a deep ocean dive and an action packed adventure to find a powerful jewel. Open seven days a week.
10. [various] dineL.A. returns Jan. 11-25 for two weeks of exclusive lunch and dinner menus at a laundry list of the city’s finest eateries. Check out our list of the Top 17 picks for this current run of dineL.A.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: Use promo code WELIKELA to get 2 tickets for $30 to Beautycon POP, now extended through January 31.
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar