You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, October 2, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] 260LA is hosting a Herschel Supply Co. sample sale October 1-6. Score deals on the labels men’s and women’s clothing, small leather goods, tech accessories, luggage, and more.
2. [1 p.m.] Photo production company for the stars The Scenario Studio brings their mind-blowing professional sets to Grand Central Market for the public to experience from September 7 through November 4. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [5 p.m.] ‘First Time in L.A.’ at Touchon&Co Gallery is an art exhibition highlighting artists from around the world exhibiting in Los Angeles for the first time. Over 60 artworks will be shown from 20 artists. Runs Oct. 1-5 FREE
4. [7 p.m.] The California African American Museum (CAAM) is hosting their annual Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop celebration this Wednesday from 7 to 9 p.m. Attendees will have a chance to browse the museum’s exhibits, enjoy a DJ set and food trucks during the event. FREE
5. [7 p.m.] Outdoor Voices, ROW DTLA, and OLIPOP team up to host evening wellness gatherings for the month. This Wednesday head to ROW DTLA Building 1 Rooftop for a mat pilates work out led by Coreology followed by activations by The Things We Do & beverages from OLIPOP. RSVP is mandatory. FREE
6. [7:30 p.m.] Once Upon A Time In Hollywood: An Evening With Quentin Tarantino & Friends at The GRAMMY Museum.
7. [7:30 p.m.] The Hammer museum welcomes authors Susan Orlean and Roxane Gay, for a conversation about the important role of libraries as public spaces and repositories for collective history. FREE
8. [various] Hello Kitty Friends Around the World Tour celebrates Hello Kitty’s 45-year anniversary with a multi-room, sensory-rich, brilliant walk-through adventure from September 20 through October 20. The 10,000-square-foot pop-up takes you aboard ‘Hello Kitty Air’ to virtually visit London, Paris, New York, Honolulu, and Tokyo.
9. [various] There’s a daily Great Pumpkin Hunt happening at the South Coast Botanic Garden featuring an imaginative scavenger hunt, light hiking, a pumpkin shop and access to the gorgeous 87-acre grounds. Great for families. Halloween costumes are welcome.
10. [various] Beyond Fest, Los Angeles’ strangest, scariest, and largest genre film festival returns Sep. 25 to Oct. 8 with another year of bold programming.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $25 tix to the I Like Scary Movies Experience (via Goldstar)