You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, October 2, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] 260LA is hosting a Herschel Supply Co. sample sale October 1-6. Score deals on the labels men’s and women’s clothing, small leather goods, tech accessories, luggage, and more.
2. [1 p.m.] Photo production company for the stars The Scenario Studio brings their mind-blowing professional sets to Grand Central Market for the public to experience from September 7 through November 4. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [5 p.m.] ‘First Time in L.A.’ at Touchon&Co Gallery is an art exhibition highlighting artists from around the world exhibiting in Los Angeles for the first time. Over 60 artworks will be shown from 20 artists. Runs Oct. 1-5 FREE
4. [7 p.m.] The California African American Museum (CAAM) is hosting their annual Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop celebration this Wednesday from 7 to 9 p.m. Attendees will have a chance to browse the museum’s exhibits, enjoy a DJ set and food trucks during the event. FREE
5. [7 p.m.] Outdoor Voices, ROW DTLA, and OLIPOP team up to host evening wellness gatherings for the month. This Wednesday head to ROW DTLA Building 1 Rooftop for a mat pilates work out led by Coreology followed by activations by The Things We Do & beverages from OLIPOP. RSVP is mandatory. FREE
6. [7:30 p.m.] Once Upon A Time In Hollywood: An Evening With Quentin Tarantino & Friends at The GRAMMY Museum.
7. [7:30 p.m.] The Hammer museum welcomes authors Susan Orlean and Roxane Gay, for a conversation about the important role of libraries as public spaces and repositories for collective history. FREE
8. [various] Hello Kitty Friends Around the World Tour celebrates Hello Kitty’s 45-year anniversary with a multi-room, sensory-rich, brilliant walk-through adventure from September 20 through October 20. The 10,000-square-foot pop-up takes you aboard ‘Hello Kitty Air’ to virtually visit London, Paris, New York, Honolulu, and Tokyo.
9. [various] There’s a daily Great Pumpkin Hunt happening at the South Coast Botanic Garden featuring an imaginative scavenger hunt, light hiking, a pumpkin shop and access to the gorgeous 87-acre grounds. Great for families. Halloween costumes are welcome.
10. [various] Beyond Fest, Los Angeles’ strangest, scariest, and largest genre film festival returns Sep. 25 to Oct. 8 with another year of bold programming.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $25 tix to the I Like Scary Movies Experience (via Goldstar)
The Best Things to do in L.A., straight to your inbox! Sign Up For Our Email List And You Receive...
- Two emails a week, Monday AM and Thursday AM.
- Monday: The best of the week ahead. 30+ ideas.
- Thursday: What to do this weekend. 30+ ideas.
- Occasional emails with special offers and messages from promotional parters.
- Optional emails for daily to-dos, travel tips, food recommendations, and deals.Basically, just think of us as your friend making some fun suggestions for what you might like to check out this day or week or month in L.A. Sign-up in the form below to join over 66,000 Angelenos who already subscribe!