You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, October 30, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
NOTE: As you’re commuting and traveling around the city today (especially on the Westside), make sure to stay aware of the #GettyFire via updates on the LAFD website. If you want to sign up for alerts (always recommended!), you can go here.
1. [9 a.m.] On October 29 and 30, Formula 1 brings the Grand Prix atmosphere to Los Angeles with a car exhibition, a high-adrenaline live show, featuring the super-charged F1 driving experience and tons of other entertainment. FREE
2. [11 a.m.] Fantastic Planet is a daring public art piece by Australian Artist Amanda Parer that features massive humanoid light installations and will be free and open to the public for viewing October 30 through November 10. FREE
4. [noon.] Merchants on Olvera Street will celebrate Dia de los Muertos for nine days starting October 25 through November 2. The festival will include altars on display, children’s workshops, face painting, and live entertainment. FREE
5. [6 p.m.] This Wednesday pet resort Wag Hotels located in Carson and West Hollywood will throw their 6th Annual Haunted Howl-o-ween Party for Dogs to benefit the Spay Neuter Project of Los Angeles (SNP|LA). Pet parents will be able to take their dogs on a trick-or-treating journey through the “haunted” Wag Hotel, where goblins and ghouls will interact wit
6. [6:30 p.m.] Nights of the Jack, a half mile trail completely filled with thousands of pop culture inspired hand-carved illuminated Jack O’Lanterns returns to King Gillette Ranch in Calabasas October 3 through November 3 for a spooktacular family friendly event.
7. [7 p.m.] Head to Hamburger Mary’s for a Halloween edition of Drag Queen Bingo that benefits non-profit Disability Community Resource Center.
8. [8 p.m.] There’s a Scary Delicious Bug and Wine Pairing happening at V Wine Room with Bugible. The unique dining experience will pair boutique wines with specific insects. Guests will also gain some insights on why a certain wine pairs with specific insects.
9. [various] Critically-acclaimed immersive VR experience THE VOID recently launched Nicodemus: Demon of Evanishment, the first original experience developed in conjunction with Ninja Theory Studio. The mission is for a few brave Angelenos. You will travel back over one hundred twenty years to a decaying Chicago World’s Fair and explore the abandoned exhibits in the dead of night. I forgot to mention the demon Nicodemus is on the loose and some of you might never return.
10. [various] Grand Park’s Dia de los Muertos celebration spans nine days (October 26 to November 3) with 35 ofrendes (alters), themed artwork from LORE Media and Arts displayed around the park and several special events on select days. FREE
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $35 tix to the LA Haunted Hayride (via Goldstar)