You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, October 7, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] There’s a daily Great Pumpkin Hunt happening at the South Coast Botanic Garden featuring an imaginative scavenger hunt, light hiking, a pumpkin shop and access to the gorgeous 87-acre grounds. Great for families. Halloween costumes are welcome.
3. [6 p.m.] Historical Walk and Secret Stairs Movie led by Bob Inman.
4. [7:30 p.m.] Queer Book Club with CB Lee at The Last Bookstore.
5. [8 p.m.] Sunset 80s – Tribute to the Music of the 80s at the Whiskey a Go-Go. FREE
7. [9 p.m.] Pub Trivia at The York in Highland Park.
8. [various Beyond Fest, Los Angeles’ strangest, scariest, and largest genre film festival returns Sep. 25 to Oct. 8 with another year of bold programming.
9. [various] Tack on a little camp with your frights this Halloween season when Freeform’s ‘31 Nights of Halloween’ come to life Oct. 2-7. Step into an interactive Halloween Town, stop at the Sanderson Sisters magical cottage from Hocus Pocus, and a prize-filled Oogie Boogie’s lair from Nightmare Before Christmas, more surprises are in stored but only if you’re able to snag a ticket. Act fast, half the dates are already sold out.
10. [various] Hello Kitty Friends Around the World Tour celebrates Hello Kitty’s 45-year anniversary with a multi-room, sensory-rich, brilliant walk-through adventure from September 20 through October 20. The 10,000-square-foot pop-up takes you aboard ‘Hello Kitty Air’ to virtually visit London, Paris, New York, Honolulu, and Tokyo.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $69 tix to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios (via Goldstar)