You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, October 8, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] There’s a daily Great Pumpkin Hunt happening at the South Coast Botanic Garden featuring an imaginative scavenger hunt, light hiking, a pumpkin shop and access to the gorgeous 87-acre grounds. Great for families. Halloween costumes are welcome.
2. [10 a.m.] 260LA is hosting a Y-3 Adidas sample sale October 8-13. Score deals on the coveted collaboration between adidas and Japanese designer Yohji Yamamoto. Men’s and women’s athletic footwear, athletic apparel, and accessories will be up to 80% off retail.
3. [4:15 p.m.] L.A. County Science Fair Workshop at Natural History Museum.
4. [6 & 8 p.m.] Sometimes one slice is just not enough. Thankfully Pie Night at 189 by Dominique Ansel will kick start pie season with a ticketed event where diners will enjoy unlimited slices of 10 different pies. From sweet like a strawberry rhubarb cheesecake pie to savory creations like the slow-cooked–pork al pastor pie, you’ll look at pie in an entirely different way after this meal.
5. [6 p.m.] Dropkick Murphys & Clutch perform at the Hollywood Palladium.
6. [8 p.m.] Doug Loves Movies at UCB Franklin.
8. [various Beyond Fest, Los Angeles’ strangest, scariest, and largest genre film festival returns Sep. 25 to Oct. 8 with another year of bold programming.
10. [various] Hello Kitty Friends Around the World Tour celebrates Hello Kitty’s 45-year anniversary with a multi-room, sensory-rich, brilliant walk-through adventure from September 20 through October 20. The 10,000-square-foot pop-up takes you aboard ‘Hello Kitty Air’ to virtually visit London, Paris, New York, Honolulu, and Tokyo.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $69 tix to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios (via Goldstar)