You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, October 9, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] There’s a daily Great Pumpkin Hunt happening at the South Coast Botanic Garden featuring an imaginative scavenger hunt, light hiking, a pumpkin shop and access to the gorgeous 87-acre grounds. Great for families. Halloween costumes are welcome.
2. [10 a.m.] 260LA is hosting a Y-3 Adidas sample sale October 8-13. Score deals on the coveted collaboration between adidas and Japanese designer Yohji Yamamoto. Men’s and women’s athletic footwear, athletic apparel, and accessories will be up to 80% off retail.
3. [1 p.m.] The Haunted 2: Welcome Foolish Mortals is an art exhibit inspired by places like the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland. Marvel at creepy animatronic works alongside paintings, sculptures, and jewelry. Happening at The Hive Gallery in Downtown Los Angeles the exhibit will run October 6 through November 3 and is free to view. FREE
4. [6 & 8 p.m.] Sometimes one slice is just not enough. Thankfully Pie Night at 189 by Dominique Ansel will kick start pie season with a ticketed event where diners will enjoy unlimited slices of 10 different pies. From sweet like a strawberry rhubarb cheesecake pie to savory creations like the slow-cooked–pork al pastor pie, you’ll look at pie in an entirely different way after this meal.
5. [6:05 p.m.] Griffith Observatory offers a Sunset Walk & Talk one evening a month led by a Park Ranger and museum guide. FREE
6. [7 p.m.] Outdoor Voices, ROW DTLA, and Better Booch team up to host evening wellness gatherings for the month. This Wednesday head to ROW DTLA Building 1 Rooftop for a mat pilates work out led by Coreology followed by activations by The Things We Do & beverages from OLIPOP. RSVP is mandatory. FREE
7. [7 p.m.] Every Wednesday The Continental Club in DTLA features live jazz hosted by Matthew Yeakley plus complimentary mini cupcakes from Big Man Bakes. No cover!
8. [7:30 p.m.] Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee Patti Smith comes to the L.A. Times Idea Exchange for an intimate evening in conversation at the Alex Theatre in Glendale.
9. [9 p.m.] Plan C a free comedy show happening on the second Wednesday of every month at The York in Highland Park returns for a round of progressive laughs starting at 9 p.m. FREE
10. [various] Hello Kitty Friends Around the World Tour celebrates Hello Kitty’s 45-year anniversary with a multi-room, sensory-rich, brilliant walk-through adventure from September 20 through October 20. The 10,000-square-foot pop-up takes you aboard ‘Hello Kitty Air’ to virtually visit London, Paris, New York, Honolulu, and Tokyo.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $69 tix to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios (via Goldstar)