You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, November 1, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Contemporary Crafts Market happening November 1-3 at the Pasadena Convention Center will feature over 140 artist to help you get all your holiday shopping done.
2. [11 a.m.] Fantastic Planet is a daring public art piece by Australian Artist Amanda Parer that features massive humanoid light installations and will be free and open to the public for viewing October 30 through November 10. FREE
3. [11 a.m.] OUE Skyspace LA celebrates one million visitors since its opening in 2016 by giving Angelenos a special $1 entrance and $1 Skyslide Ride on Friday between 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. The special is only redeemable in-person at the box office. If you can’t make it this Friday between those time, $1 Skyslide Rides will also be offered Friday November 1 starting at 1:01 p.m. through Tuesday, November 22 with regular admission.
4. [6 p.m.] Constitution Happy Hour at AMMO at The Hammer continues this Friday with guided, topical conversations about the US Constitution and its role in our democracy.
5. [7 p.m.] Grand Park presents Selena for Sanctuary, a free concert organized by L.A.-based non-profit Solidarity for Sanctuary. Enjoy performances from an all-female line-up of L.A.-based Latinx artists. Plus the event includes information booths, activities and the Las Fotos Project will host a photo booth and CholasXChulas will host a glam booth. FREE
6. [7 p.m.] Caltech Astronomy invites the public to sit in on a stargazing and lecture event this Friday at 8 p.m. FREE
7. [7:30 p.m.] Night Dive at the Aquarium of the Pacific is an 18+ party inside the aquarium featuring DJs, food trucks, cocktails and art alongside sea life.
8. [7:30 p.m.] The Griffith Observatory hosts a monthly forum where some of the most amazing phenomena in the known universe are explained and discussed. It’s called All Space Considered and it takes place on the first Friday of every month. FREE
9. [8 p.m.] Metro Art Los Angeles present an all-new film screening series featuring animated films at Union Station. This Friday features The Adventures of Prince Achmed with live music provided by Gamelan Merdu Kumala. The event is free and open to the public. Seating will be on a first-come, first-served basis. FREE
10. [various] Zombie Joe’s Underground Theatre in North Hollywood presents their annual Halloween iteration of Urban Death Tour of Terror. Guests will wind through a short maze before entering a darkened theater where series of disturbing vignettes will be presented one after another. The show runs October 4 to November 2, Fridays and Saturdays plus Halloween night. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $35 tix to the LA Haunted Hayride (via Goldstar)