You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, October 31, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] Fantastic Planet is a daring public art piece by Australian Artist Amanda Parer that features massive humanoid light installations and will be free and open to the public for viewing October 30 through November 10. FREE
3. [4 p.m.] Prank will host ‘Nightmare on Hope Street’ from 4 p.m. to midnight, attendees can come in costume to enjoy a free drink ticket, play games, sip on spooky cocktails, dance to live jazz music, and more. Admission to the block party is free.
4. [6:30 p.m.] Nights of the Jack, a half mile trail completely filled with thousands of pop culture inspired hand-carved illuminated Jack O’Lanterns returns to King Gillette Ranch in Calabasas October 3 through November 3 for a spooktacular family friendly event.
5. [7 p.m.] One Colorado will host in-store and restaurant trick-or-treating, family portraits in their Halloween-themed courtyard milieu, and a screening of Tim Burton’s Nightmare Before Christmas at 7 p.m. in the courtyard. FREE
6. [8 p.m.] BE KIND, REWIND 90s HALLOWEEN PARTY! takes over the Tiki No with a night of POG playin, snacking on Airheads and Warheads and 90s jam spun by DJ Silly Kid all night long. There is no cover and there will be a costume contest at 11 p.m. where the winner gets a Gameboy!
7. [8 p.m.] Golden Road’s Halloween Bash features a haunted house, live music by Lower Dens, Puscie Jones Revue and Flyod Fuji, plus food and booze.
8. [9 p.m.] Monster Hop 3rd Annual Halloween Bash at Zebulon is a rock n’ roll Halloween dance party with live bands ” brought back from the dead.”
9. [9 p.m.] Redbird will host Hallows Masquerade at the Vibiana cathedral. Hors d’oeuvres will be provided by chef Neal Fraser, as well as cocktails from bar director Tobin Shea. Musical performances include DJ sets from Adam Freeland (The Acid), Jessica Tonder, Jonny Cota and more. Mystical, surrealist costumes are highly encouraged for this party.
10. [9 p.m.] 11th Annual King Tut’s Tomb LA Halloween Party happening at W Hollywood Living Room & Station with top DJs spinning their hearts out to provide party people with their best mix of top 40’s, hip-hop and dance music.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $35 tix to the LA Haunted Hayride (via Goldstar)