You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, November 22, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
View this post on Instagram
Thanksgiving is right around the corner. 🍁🍂🦃 Come join us for Thanksgiving dinner in our dining room at 3 PM and our back bar whiskey room at 6 PM @grainwhiskeybar 🥃 Reservations encouraged. And don't forget we have take home pies available for pre-order. Orders must be in by Monday the 19th. 🥧 . . #playaprovisions #playadelrey #PDR #beachside #fallfood #pumpkinpie #thanksgivingdinner #turkeydinner #thankful #topchefdinner #seasonmenu #happyholidays #grainwhiskeybar #whiskeybar #westlosangeles
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [8 a.m.] The 6th Annual Turkey Trot returns to DTLA this Thursday! From City Hall to Bunker Hill and Spring Street, turkey trotters can get a dose of physical activity prior to their Thanksgiving feasts.
2. [8 a.m.] The 6th annual Thanksgiving turkey meal at MacArthur Park has a goal to serve all 700 expected guests. On top of that, they’ll also be accepting clothing donations. All volunteers for food prep must rsvp ahead of time.
3. [10 a.m.] Gobble Gobble Give at The Regent Theater.
4. [10 a.m.] The 48th annual Dinner in the Park at Union Station Homeless Services in Pasadena will feed thousands of homeless and low-income individuals and families this Thanksgiving. The event brings members of the community together to share holiday cheer with those who have nowhere to go this holiday. FREE
5. [11 a.m.] This Thanksgiving the Laugh Factory in Hollywood welcomes all those who are living in L.A. away from home, homeless, or simply in need of a good meal and hearty laugh. Top comics will join other celebrities to serve guests a turkey dinner with all the trimmings free of charge. This tradition has been going strong for 39 years. FREE
6. [11 a.m.] Guests of Cafe Gratitude Larchmont will receive a free Thanksgiving inspired vegan plate. Like every year the deal is on a first come, first serve basis from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. (or while still available).
7. [5:30 p.m.] Head down to The Fairplex at Pomona for the Chinese Lantern Festival where the theme is “The Wild,” featuring animals represented in lanterns from five different areas of the world, Antartica, Asia, Oceania, Africa and America. Some of the larger pieces stand all the way up to 23 feet tall. The festival run every Thursday through Sunday from Nov. 15 – Jan. 16.
8. [various] Need some last minute ideas for where to eat out on Thanksgiving? Check out the food picks section at the end of our list of 35 fun things to do this week.
9. [various] It’s that time of the year to celebrate the holiday season, which is the main purpose of Fa La Land, a pop up museum at Row DTLA. Guests will enjoy a wide variety of installations like a Jingle Bell Toy Factory and a fluorescent “Fa La Forest.” Fa La Land runs Nov. 18 through Jan. 6, 2019.
10. [various] Party With is Los Angeles’ new Instagram-ready experience. Opening it’s doors on Friday Nov. 16 in Westfield Santa Anita Mall, folks can expect 15 premium photogenic installations like an infinity rainbow and a room filled with sparkling disco balls. Party With runs through January 27 and is open Thursdays through Sundays.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $25 tix to Enchanted: Forest of Light at Descanso Gardens
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar