You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, November 8, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [2 p.m] Get into the winter spirit when ICE at Santa Monica returns with a 8,000 square foot rink. Happening November 1 to January 5.
2. [4:30 p.m.] Burrito Project L.A. brings a group of locals together to provide food for those living on the streets of Los Angeles.
3. [7 p.m.] Hard to Read presents I am the American Dream at The Standard DTLA.
4. [7 p.m.] Every second and fourth Wednesday of the month is trivia night at Eagle Rock Brewery. This is not just any trivia night, at Eagle Rock Brewery it’s hosted by a real life rocket scientist.
5. [7:30 p.m.] Hammer presents a screening of Chasing Coral. A 2017 Sundance Audience Award winner, the film is focused on the vanishing coral reefs epidemic and the experts racing against the clock to save the vital underwater ecosystem. FREE
6. [8 p.m.] Steve Martin and Edie Brickell present Bright Star, Broadway’s newest musical hit at the Ahmanson. Inspired by true events, the musical tells a tale of love and redemption in the American South in the 1920s and ’40s. Performing all week.
7. [9 p.m.] Kyle Dixon and Michael Stein, half of band Survive will perform The Music of Stranger Things live at The Theatre at Ace Hotel in DTLA.
8. [9 p.m.] Dub Club at Echoplex.
9. [various] ¡Murales Rebeldes! L.A. Chicana/o Murals under Siege at LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes.
10. [various] Lost and Found LA: Illuminated Trees in La Tuna Canyon. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $22.50 tix to see Buster Keaton’s The General With Live Score performed by L.A. Chamber Orchestra (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.