You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, November 9, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [5:30 p.m] Taste of South Pasadena presented by Metro in collaboration with the City of South Pasadena, BikeSGV and ELP Advisors.
2. [6 p.m.] VegFest heads to USC this Thursday, the vegetarian and vegan festival will include free food from a number of food trucks, carnival games, a bounce house, sustainability booths and more. FREE
3. [6 p.m.] Downtown Art Walk brings art enthusiasts and locals together every second Thursday of each month to take part in gallery tours, shop the art mart and sample nearby food trucks, and experience the overall flavor of the downtown Los Angeles Historic Core.
4. [6:30 p.m.] KCRW’s Left, Right & Center goes live at the Ace Hotel in DTLA. Host Josh Barro will lead a panel as they look back at a year since the election of President Donald Trump in 2016 with a side of comedy.
5. [8 p.m.] Drink & Draw w/The L.A. Derby Dolls at The Down & Out.
6. [8 p.m.] The Actors Gang in Culver City will open their season with Captain Greedy’s Carnival, a musical satire mocking greed, humbug, corruption and predatory capitalism. Follow the story of four innocents who get tricked by a legendary con man. From there on they’ll encounter freaks, illusion, terrifying exhibitions and more. Happening Thursday and Friday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [various] Free admission at: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball and Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.)
8. [various] Reformation will host a three day sample sale at Platform LA in Culver City from November 9-12.
9. [various] The annual AFI FEST returns to Hollywood November 9-16 for an eight-day run featuring over 100 films, including three world premieres and four additional highly anticipated films.
10. [various] Lost and Found LA: Illuminated Trees in La Tuna Canyon. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $22.50 tix to see Buster Keaton’s The General With Live Score performed by L.A. Chamber Orchestra (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.