Los Angeles provides no limit of things to do, some awesome and some not so awesome.
Since time is precious in this fast paced city we curate a list of things to do in Los Angeles for every weekend that’ll help you decide how you want to spend your limited supply of attention (not to mention dollars!).
This weekend in L.A. (November 10 – November 12) includes AFI Fest, Inglewood Open Studios, Designercon, the L.A. Turkey Trot, the annual Christmas Tree lighting at The Grove, and MUCH more.
Also remember you can always go to our L.A. events calendar page to get an updated rundown of what’s happening around the city.
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
Friday November 1oth, 2017
1. Cole’s in Downtown L.A. turns 109 this year and to celebrate they’re hosting an anniversary gala dinner prepared by chefs Neal Fraser of Redbird and Christian Page of Cassell’s Hamburgers.
2. Check out Lost and Found LA, a pop-up art installation in La Tuna Canyon from the artists who brought you the Griffith Park Teahouse. The work adorns the canyon’s charred trees with a natural gold material, illuminating the damage and embracing the flaws left by the fires, which burned through over 7,000 acres through the Verdugo Mountains this past September. On display through November 12. FREE
3. The annual AFI FEST returns to Hollywood November 9-16 for an eight-day run featuring over 100 films, including three world premieres and four additional highly anticipated films.
4. Think you know everything about the Cape Crusader? Head to Black Cat Comics for Batman Trivia Night. The winner takes home $100 and bragging rights. Free beer provided by Mt. Lowe Brewing Co.
5. Join the Latin American Cinemateca of L.A. and The Consulate General Mexico of L.A. for the 30th Anniversary of Cheech Marin’s Born in East LA, as well as a panel discussion in response to the current immigration policies and threats. FREE
6. The A.L.C. Sample Sale will take place in Santa Monica on November 10-11.
7. Night Dive at the Aquarium of the Pacific is an 18-and-over event featuring DJ sets, art, lectures, food trucks, bars and more.
8. Hangout with Bill Nye and filmmakers David Alvarado and Jason Sussberg as they screen a new documentary about everyones favorite science man. A Q and A will follow the screening.
9. Impro Theatre presents L.A. Noir UnScripted complete with a jazz trio and actors improvising score on the spot. Happening at The Edye at The Broad Stage. Happening all weekend. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. The Groundlings: The Completely Different Late Show is a hilarious improv show by the cast of the Groundlings’ Main Company. Audience shout suggestions throughout the night for improvisational scenes performed by some of the best in the business. It’s also a testing ground for brand new material for the Groundlings’ main show. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
11. There’s a Justice League fan art show happening at The Perky Nerd in Burbank this Friday.
12. There’s a one day Halston and Haute Hippie sample sale this Friday. Women’s ready-to-wear, evening-wear, handbags and footwear will be 70% off retail prices.
13. The 9th Annual Montebello Taste of the Town will showcase the Montebello food scene this Friday with unlimited food and drink samples.
14. LACMA’s award winning Department of Music Program provides hundreds of free concerts and musical events every year for Angelenos to enjoy. This Friday their jazz series continues at the BP Grand Entrance.
Saturday November 11th, 2017
15. The American Indian Arts Marketplace comes to The Autry Museum from November 11-12 for the largest Native arts fair in Southern California, featuring 200 Native American artists representing 40+ tribes.
16. DesignerCon, the annual art and design convention is back for another year of collectible toys, designer goods, panels & live art at the Pasadena Convention Center! Takes place this Saturday and Sunday.
17. The 11th annual Inglewood Open Studios returns November 11-12 to showcase the professional artist studios and art galleries that constitute the burgeoning Inglewood art community. Explore studio spaces and works through a free self-guided tour. FREE
18. The Chicano International Film Festival returns to Los Angeles this Saturday! Now in its 21st year, the festival will take place on November 11 at Plaza de la Raza Cultural Center in East LA & will give insight into Chicanx culture, lifestyle & expression. FREE
19. Looking for a little free comedy this weekend in NELA? The Frogtown Show is a free monthly comedy show that takes place at The Left Bank off Fletcher Dr. Beer and tacos will be available as well! FREE
20. Smog City and Lovesome Chocolates will co-host a beer + chocolate pairing this Saturday at 11 a.m at SteelCraft in Long Beach. The featured flight includes four distinct pairings. Available for purchase until supplies run out.
21. The 2nd Annual Veteran’s Day Music Festival will take place at the Pacific Battleship Center on the Battleship USS Iowa. Admission is free! FREE
22. The Japanese American National Museum in Little Tokyo is hosting Free Family Day on November 11 featuring dance classes, music, origami making & more! FREE
23. The Tropicália Music & Taco Festival comes to The Queen Mary for a day of unlimited taco samples and live music.
24. Check out Hollywood Forever Cemetery’s renowned Historic Walking Tour this Saturday. The popular, fact-filled tour are led by film historian Karie Bible.
Sunday November 12th, 2017
25. Get ready to trot for some vegan treats! The The L.A. Tofurky Trot & Vegan Food Fest in Griffith Park invites family, friends and canine companions participate in this annual run/walk.
26. War of the Worlds is a new opera at Walt Disney Concert Hall with performances from November 12-18. The story draws inspiration from Orson Welles’ infamous 1938 radio broadcast.
27. Stop by the Patchwork Show in Long Beach for some holiday shopping and fun! Highlights include local artisans, D.I.Y. workshops, music, food vendors and more. Admission is free. FREE
28. The Sherman Oaks Chamber of Commerce is putting on the very first Sherman Oaks Art Walk this Sunday. Attractions include dog photo booths, food trucks, a meet & greet with the utility box artists, a raffle, and more. Free parking available at the Sherman Oaks Galleria. FREE
29. Want to go back to the future this weekend? Party like it’s 1955 in Hill Valley at the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance, taking place this Sunday at Resident DTLA. Advance tickets are $12, day of is $15.
30. The Theater at Ace Hotel will host the Los Angeles premiere screening of Major Lazer: Give Me Future this Sunday at 7 p.m. Tickets are $25. This will be the only theatrical showing of the film in L.A.
31. It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas… at The Grove! Celebrate the Joy – A California Christmas at The Grove kicks off the holiday season with an annual tree lighting ceremony and special musical performances. FREE
32. Free admission at: Museum of Latin American Art and Craft and Folk Art Museum (pay what you can)
Want to get our to-do lists straight to your inbox every week? Sign up for our email program.
Have an upcoming event you’d like suggest for listing? Drop us a line at [email protected].