You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, November 9, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] American Indian Arts Marketplace at The Autry Museum (November 9-10) will highlight over 200 Native American artists, live musical performances and plays, food, children’s activities, and much more.
2. [11 a.m.] Fantastic Planet is a daring public art piece by Australian Artist Amanda Parer that features massive humanoid light installations and will be free and open to the public for viewing October 30 through November 10. FREE
3. [2 p.m.] City Hearts Festival transforms Father Serra Park into an immersive arts and music festival with lineup Tiga, Kate Simko, Patrick Topping and more. Happening November 9-10.
4. [5:30 p.m.] Moonlight Forest brings an epic fantasy of lights and lanterns to the L.A. Arboretum starting Saturday, Nov. 9.
5. [7 p.m.] Hotel turned performance space Art At The Rendon presents their latest immersive art experience RHYTHMS OF THE CITY from Nov. 8-10. The show allows guests to roam the space and rooms that will feature various styles of live music positioned all over the hotel space that blend together into a simultaneous, collaborative performance.
6. [8 p.m.] Coco a live to film experience takes over The Hollywood Bowl Friday and Saturday with a live orchestra, performers and digital projections of the movie to celebrate Diá de los Muertos. The lineup includes Miguel, Benjamin Bratt, Eva Longoria and more.
7. [8 p.m.] The Los Angeles Pancakes & Booze Art Show comes to LOT 613 November 8-9 for a pop-up art show of over 500 pieces by 150+ local artists plus booze, unlimited pancakes and more.
8. [8 p.m.] The Roots and Wings Project joins forces with the California Arts Council to present LUMINOUS STREETS, an immersive theatrical experience that takes the audience through the Downtown Los Angeles Historic Core including spots like The Last Bookstore and King Eddy’s Saloon with stories that center on women’s survival and pursuit of justice. Happening October 18 through November 10.
9. [8 p.m.] Pink’s is celebrating their 80th year in business with eight straight evenings of 80-cent hot dogs starting Friday, Nov. 8. The discounted dogs will be sold at 8 p.m. nightly for 80 minutes, plus each night features a different celebrity guest and proceeds go to charity.
10. [8 p.m.] L.A.’s only live animated comedy show Picture This! is back with a show on Saturday at The Virgil. This Saturday’s lineup features a dozen well known comedians and animators.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: Get $14 tix to Moonlight Forest at L.A. Arboretum (via Goldstar)