You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, December 17, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] 260LA will host a Reformation sample sale from December 17-22 in their Beverly Hills location.
2. [noon] Corey Helford Gallery’s sixth annual Art Collector Starter Kit group show highlights affordable 12” x 12” works from 100 top New Contemporary artists, giving new art collectors and enthusiasts a chance to buy an original piece from artists. The show will be on view through January 18, 2020. Gallery hours are noon to 6 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday. FREE
3. [noon] The Scenario Studio is offering a free pop-up photo experience on Rodeo Drive daily through December 22. FREE
4. [5 p.m.] NELA Tiki Tuesday returns to Sonny’s Hideaway for another monthly installment of tropical drinks and aloha gear.
5. [5:30 p.m.] Descanso Gardens’ Enchanted Forest of Light returns for another installment with a host of interactive displays and nighttime activities from November 17 through January 5, 2020. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [sunset] Grand Park’s Winter Glow is a free night time art experience covering 12 acres of Grand Park in Downtown Los Angeles and the newly renovated Music Center Plaza. Whimsical artistic projections and light displays will illuminate paths and play off of the park’s most iconic elements. The holiday-inspired event will run nightly from Dec. 6 to 25. FREE
7. [7 p.m.] Kevin Smith and Marc Bernardin will perform a live version of their Fatman Beyond podcast this Tuesday at Scum & Villainy Cantina. There is a $20 minimum bar purchase.
8. [7:30 p.m.] The team behind LA’s award-winning series For The Record has a new production coming to The Wallis’ Bram Goldsmith Theater. Richard Curtis’s Love Actually will be transformed into a one-of-a-kind multimedia screen and stage event starting November 27. The film and live music blend together as the story unfolds throughout the London setting. Performances continue through December 29. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [7:30 p.m.] The Contenders film series concludes this week at The Hammer Museum with screenings curated by The Museum of Modern Art. The films selected are new films believed to stand the test of time in influence. This series concludes Tuesday with a screening of Monos, followed by Q&A with director Alejandro Landes, moderated by Raj Roy.
10. [various] Free admission day: South Coast Botanic Garden, Descanso Gardens, and Los Angeles County Arboretum. Note that advance online reservations are required for Descanso Gardens and the L.A. Arboretum free days. FREE
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $21 tix to Deck the Hall Holiday Concerts at Disney Concert Hall (via Goldstar)