You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, December 21, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] The 16th Annual Winter Holiday Festival taking place at the EXPO Center will include free ice skating, food, live entertainment, a snow village, pictures with Santa, and much more. FREE
2. [10 a.m.] This Saturday is Snow Day! at Common Space Brewery. Expect ten tons of snow, ice cold beer, some shopping and live music. All ages are welcomed and the event is free with an optional donation that will benefit Mychal’s Learning Place. 100% of donations go to the learning center. FREE
3. [11 a.m.] Artists & Fleas takes over Grand Central Market for a holiday pop-up on Saturday and Sunday. Spend the day buying up unique gifts and exploring delicious eats at the historic food hall.
4. [11 a.m.] Visit Dockweiler Youth Center for Beach Winter Wonderland, fun for the entire family this free event features bounce houses, winter activities, rides, and authentic snow at the beach. FREE
5. [11:30 a.m.] The Holiday Sing-Along with the L.A. Phil returns with a collection of classical and modern holiday tunes, all paired with vocals by the Angeles Chorale, and a live jazz combo. Happening this Saturday and Sunday.
6. [2 & 8 p.m.] Hear pitch perfect holiday tunes belted out by The Gay Men’s Chorus of Los Angeles during their annual Holiday Spectacular show happening at Alex Theatre in Glendale this Saturday and Sunday.
7. [4 p.m.] Marina Lights Movie Night will screen Elf for free at Burton Chace Park. Before the show, carolers will perform holiday classics and guest can check out a photo booth, sip on hot cocoa and more. The screening takes starts at 6 p.m. FREE
8. [5 p.m.] Street Food Cinema and Heritage Square Museum team up for Yuletide Cinemaland. Enjoy a festive outdoor movie screening experience in a Victorian town square surrounded by Christmas carolers, food trucks, a Holiday Light Tunnel, Scrooge’s Dance Hall and more. This week they’ll be screening Home Alone on Friday, Gremlins on Saturday and The Muppets Christmas Carol on Sunday. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [sunset] Grand Park’s Winter Glow is a free night time art experience covering 12 acres of Grand Park in Downtown Los Angeles and the newly renovated Music Center Plaza. Whimsical artistic projections and light displays will illuminate paths and play off of the park’s most iconic elements. The holiday-inspired event will run nightly from Dec. 6 to 25. FREE
10. [7:30 p.m.] A new immersive experience transports guests to 1960s Berlin for a night of intrigue and espionage. Step into Crimson Cabaret nightclub and sip on era-inspired craft cocktails, listen to live original music, and take part in a world full of secrets where no one can be trusted and secret agents might approach you with a mission to complete. Crimson Cabaret runs this Thursday through Sunday, and continues on select dates through December.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $10 tix to the Museum of Illusions (via Goldstar)