You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, December 22, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] Artists & Fleas takes over Grand Central Market for a holiday pop-up on Saturday and Sunday. Spend the day buying up unique gifts and exploring delicious eats at the historic food hall.
2. [11 a.m.] Seedlip the world’s first distilled non-alcoholic spirit company will hold a Sustainable Cocktail Class led by Kim Stodel, Head Bartender of Providence. Guests will learn how to mix up their own non-alcoholic cocktails in a no-waste manner that can be applied again and again at home. Tickets to the class are $35 a person. The event takes place at the Seedlip General Store at Rolling Greens Downtown Los Angeles.
3. [11:30 a.m.] Motown for Kids // Holiday Celebration at Echoplex.
4. [2 p.m.] Hear pitch perfect holiday tunes belted out by The Gay Men’s Chorus of Los Angeles during their annual Holiday Spectacular show happening at Alex Theatre in Glendale this Saturday and Sunday.
5. [2 p.m.] Dive into the holiday season with a Queen Mary Christmas! The special event will see Christmas spirit lining the famous Long Beach vessel until January 1, 2020. Activities include a 26 feet tall Christmas tree, variety of holiday activities, an outdoor skating rink, live entertainment and much more. Occurring Thursdays through Sundays.
6. [2:30 p.m.] Head to The Original Farmers Market for a Chanukah celebration and enjoy candle making, arts & crafts with PJ Library, face painting, and live entertainment by Jason Mesches. A larger-than-life LEGO Menorah will also be built throughout the day. At 5 p.m. Rabbi Fischer of Miracle Mile Chabad will light the menorah. FREE
7. [3 & 8 a.m.] Warm up your singing voices because there’s a White Christmas Sing-Along with the LA Phil this Sunday. Sing along to the special remastered movie with lyrics on the screen so you won’t miss a beat. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [sunset] Grand Park’s Winter Glow is a free night time art experience covering 12 acres of Grand Park in Downtown Los Angeles and the newly renovated Music Center Plaza. Whimsical artistic projections and light displays will illuminate paths and play off of the park’s most iconic elements. The holiday-inspired event will run nightly from Dec. 6 to 25. FREE
9. [6 p.m.] Here and Now transforms it’s space into a holiday bar called Blitzen’s from December 3-31. Get transported to the the North Pole and enjoy 15 festival cocktails, a seasonal food menu with offerings like Christmas poutine, themed entertainment and more. Here and Now is spreading the holiday spirit with a screening of Christmas Vacation, as well as plenty of seasonal cocktails and bites. This Sunday wear your PJ’s and onesies for an evening pajama party and screening of Christmas Vacation.
10. [7:30 p.m.] A new immersive experience transports guests to 1960s Berlin for a night of intrigue and espionage. Step into Crimson Cabaret nightclub and sip on era-inspired craft cocktails, listen to live original music, and take part in a world full of secrets where no one can be trusted and secret agents might approach you with a mission to complete. Crimson Cabaret runs this Thursday through Sunday, and continues on select dates through December.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $10 tix to the Museum of Illusions (via Goldstar)