You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, December 23, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11:30 a.m.] Since 1969 Bob Baker’s Marionette Theater’s adaptation of the Nutcracker has been warming hearts and delighting kids and adults during the holidays. The show includes over 100 handmade puppets at the Pasadena Playhouse. Running now until December 29. Due to the holiday week the show will only be performed on Monday and Friday.
2. [sunset] Grand Park’s Winter Glow is a free night time art experience covering 12 acres of Grand Park in Downtown Los Angeles and the newly renovated Music Center Plaza. Whimsical artistic projections and light displays will illuminate paths and play off of the park’s most iconic elements. The holiday-inspired event will run nightly from Dec. 6 to 25. FREE
3. [7:30 p.m.] Head to the Aero Theatre in Santa Monica for a screening of It’s a Wonderful Life. Director Frank Capra’s inspiring holiday classic is one of the best movies to watch during Christmas time.
4. [7:30 p.m.] White Christmas (1954) and Holiday Affair (1949) double feature at the New Beverly Cinema.
5. [7:30 p.m.] There’s a Vegan Goth “Nightmare Before Christmas” Dinner Party happening at Lodge Room in Highland Park this Monday. The event will feature Ceremony Chamber Orchestra performing Tim Burton’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas” soundtrack plus BAUHAUS, Joy Division, The Cure etc. covers live. A menu of unholy deliciousness will be prepared by Checker Hall chef, Hovig Agpop. Tickets cost $50 and are on their way of selling out.
6. [8 p.m.] Pub Trivia at The Red Lion Tavern in Silver Lake.
7. [9 p.m.] The Sofitel Los Angeles hosts a Jazz Eclectic night every Monday at Riviera 31 with Ryan Cross and his band starting at 9 p.m.
8. [9 p.m.] The Sunset Jam at The Viper Room.
9. [10 p.m.] Metal Monday Feat. DJ Super Paranoid at The Mermaid Bar.
10. [11 p.m.] Lemon Pepper Wet Presents: Broke Christmas at The UCB Franklin.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $10 tix to the Museum of Illusions (via Goldstar)