You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, December 24, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] The Bai Holiday Ice Rink returns to Pershing Square from Nov. 14, 2019 to Jan. 2, 2020 featuring a 7200 square foot outdoor ice-skating experience. A wide variety of events will take place throughout the duration of the rink. Open on Christmas too!
2. [1 p.m.] Enjoy a special performance of The Nutcracker (November 29 to December 24) by the American Contemporary Ballet at Metropolis Los Angeles.
3. [2 p.m.] Dive into the holiday season with a Queen Mary Christmas! The special event will see Christmas spirit lining the famous Long Beach vessel until January 1, 2020. Activities include a 26 feet tall Christmas tree, variety of holiday activities, an outdoor skating rink, live entertainment and much more. Occurring Thursdays through Sundays. Open on Christmas too!
4. [2 p.m.] Die Hard in 35mm screens at the New Beverly Cinema.
5. [3 p.m.] The official L.A. County Holiday Celebration takes place annually at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion. Featured performers include Arturo Sandoval, Infinite Flow dance company, the Los Angeles Chamber Choir, The Gay Men’s Chorus of Los Angeles, and much more. FREE
6. [sunset] Grand Park’s Winter Glow is a free night time art experience covering 12 acres of Grand Park in Downtown Los Angeles and the newly renovated Music Center Plaza. Whimsical artistic projections and light displays will illuminate paths and play off of the park’s most iconic elements. The holiday-inspired event will run nightly from Dec. 6 to 25. FREE
7. [5:30 p.m.] The Los Angeles Arboretum and Botanic Garden presents Moonlight Forest, where crafted lanterns line the garden grounds, some depicting animals, shimmering exotic flowers, and figures from Chinese legends. Happening Wednesdays through Sunday from November 9 through January 12, 2020. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [9 p.m.] DERRIERE will be the spot for MatzoBall, an annual Jewish singles networking event going strong for 33 years!
9. [9 p.m.] Metro Sessions Ugly Sweater Christmas Eve Party at Melody Lounge.
10. [various.] The El Capitan Theatre is the prime spot to see Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker, audiences will be treated to exclusive experiences that include the Evolution of the Stormtrooper™ costume exhibit plus costumes from the new movie.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $10 tix to the Museum of Illusions (via Goldstar)