You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, December 25, 2019 (Merry Christmas!)
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] Castaway in Burbank will host a Christmas Day Champagne Buffet & Dinner. During brunch from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. the holiday buffet offers organic whole turkey, mustard crusted prime rib, raw bar, traditional trimmings and dessert. Brunch Prices are $79 per adult and $35 per children ages 5-12. The bottomless mimosa option cost $22. For dinner from 5 p.m. till close, Castaway will serve their regular a la cart dinner along with Christmas specials including lobster bisque, beef wellington, Alaskan halibut and apple tartine.
2. [10 a.m.] The Bai Holiday Ice Rink returns to Pershing Square from Nov. 14, 2019 to Jan. 2, 2020 featuring a 7200 square foot outdoor ice-skating experience. A wide variety of events will take place throughout the duration of the rink. Open on Christmas too!
3. [11 a.m.] Winter Fest OC brings a family-friendly winter wonderland to the OC Fair and Event Center through Jan. 5
4. [11 a.m.] Whiskey Red’s in Marina del Rey will host a Christmas Day champagne buffet from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. dig into herb crusted roasted turkey, prime rib, holiday ham, crab legs, and more. Live entertainment and a special guest appearance by Santa Claus will make the day extra special. The buffet cost $62.95 per adult and children ages 5-12 cost $29.95.
5. [1 p.m.] The Laugh Factory (Hollywood) hosts its 40th annual free Christmas Day meals. Tickets not required. Seatings at 1, 3, 5, and 7 p.m. Guests served on a first-come, first-served basis. FREE
6. [2 p.m.] Dive into the holiday season with a Queen Mary Christmas! The special event will see Christmas spirit lining the famous Long Beach vessel until January 1, 2020. Activities include a 26 feet tall Christmas tree, variety of holiday activities, an outdoor skating rink, live entertainment and much more. Occurring Thursdays through Sundays. Open on Christmas too!
7. [sunset] Grand Park’s Winter Glow is a free night time art experience covering 12 acres of Grand Park in Downtown Los Angeles and the newly renovated Music Center Plaza. Whimsical artistic projections and light displays will illuminate paths and play off of the park’s most iconic elements. The holiday-inspired event will run nightly from Dec. 6 to 25. FREE
8. [9:30 p.m.] TBK’s Annual Alternative Xmas Party – The Nightmare on Christmas, at Cities Restaurant.
10. [various.] The El Capitan Theatre is the prime spot to see Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker, audiences will be treated to exclusive experiences that include the Evolution of the Stormtrooper™ costume exhibit plus costumes from the new movie.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $10 tix to the Museum of Illusions (via Goldstar)