You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, December 8, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] The L.A. Auto Show is back for another round of test drives, new car showcases and ‘The Garage” aftermarket hall from December 1-10.
2. [10 a.m.] California Market Center is hosting Fashion with a Cause, charity sample sale this Friday featuring 20 plus vendors and sips and bites from local L.A. vendor pop-ups. The event will benefit the Vanderpump Dog Foundation.
3. [11 a.m.] Refinery29 presents 29Rooms, a festival in Downtown L.A. focused on style, culture, and technology. The fest runs back-to-back weekends (December 7 – 10 & December 14 – 17) at ROW DTLA.
4. [11 a.m.] The USC Pacific Asia Museum in Pasadena is reopening to the public this Friday. To celebrate the museum will offer free admission from December 8-17. Among the exhibitions on view will be Winds from Fusang: Mexico and China in the Twentieth Century, which showcases the connection between the creative communities of Mexico and China in the last century, and is presented as part of Pacific Standard Time: LA/LA. FREE
5. [2 p.m.] The Museum of Failure is coming to Los Angeles starting this Saturday at A+D Architecture and Design Museum in the Arts District. Exhibits will include some of recent history’s biggest commercial flops, including Donald Trump’s board game, the Harley-Davidson Perfume, the Apple Newton, the Betamax, Google Glass, and more.
6. [7 p.m.] Rooftop Cinema Club Ultimate Holiday Movie Series will host a month-long schedule of Christmas inspired movie screenings from December 1-23 on Tuesday and through the weekend. The series continues this Friday with a screenings of Home Alone and Scrooged.
7. [7 p.m.] The Sorting Room winter session is in full swing with eclectic performances spread over two weeks (through December 21). Each show includes special happy hour drink deals beforehand, with featured talent ranging from poets to composers, jazz singers, Tony Award winners and cabaret singers. This weekend features Shaina Taub (Friday), Pia Toscano (Saturday) and Get Lit! (Sunday).
8. [7 p.m.] Astro Lecture and Stargazing at Caltech Astronomy. FREE
9. [10 p.m.] Stranger Things Night at Los Globos.
10. [various] Happy Place brings a bright and immersive pop-up experience to the Arts District starting today. Capture perfect Instagram moments and enjoy sweet treats as you journey through one-of-a-kind installations designed to make you smile. Runs on select dates through January 7, 2018.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $8.50 tix to Yoga Expo Los Angeles (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.