Wouldn’t it be great if someone put together a rundown of all the best free and cheap things to do this weekend in Los Angeles? Well here it is.
This weekend’s budget to-dos includes the Venice Canals Holiday Boat Parade, the Echo Park Community Parade, a Winter Wonder Celebration in Baldwin Hills, and much more!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
10 for $10 or Less
1. [FREE] Leimert Park Friday Night Block Party. FRIDAY
3. [FREE] The USC Pacific Asia Museum in Pasadena is reopening to the public this Friday. To celebrate the museum will offer free admission from December 8-17. Among the exhibitions on view will be Winds from Fusang: Mexico and China in the Twentieth Century, which showcases the connection between the creative communities of Mexico and China in the last century, and is presented as part of Pacific Standard Time: LA/LA. FRIDAY-SUNDAY
4. [FREE] Celebrate the magic of the holiday season in Marina del Rey during Snow Wonder, a lively family event, followed by the 55th annual Marina del Rey Holiday Boat Parade. SATURDAY
5. [FREE] The 71st Annual Naples Island Holiday Boat Parade comes to Long Beach on Saturday with an entertaining display of boats of in all shapes and sizes. This year’s theme is “The Canals are Alive with the Sound of Music.” SATURDAY
6. [FREE] The Echo Park Community Parade returns to Sunset Boulevard to celebrate the holiday and its vibrant neighborhood. SATURDAY
7. [FREE] Baldwin Hills Crenshaw presents their Winter Wonderland Holiday Celebration with Council member Marqueece Harris-Dawson and the City of Los Angeles. There will be snow sledding, giveaways, holiday music, a visit from Santa, entertainment, and more. SATURDAY
8. [FREE] The 2017 Downtown Pomona Christmas Parade will take over the Downtown area with a family friendly parade. SATURDAY
9. [FREE] The Griffith Park Festival of Lights Hike 2017 returns on Sunday. Join a cheery group of hikers as they wear lit outfits by way of Christmas lights for a hike up Mount Hollywood. SUNDAY
10. [FREE] Head to the South Bay for a day of holiday festivities, live music and the famous Manhattan Beach Holiday Fireworks Show. The fireworks spectacle begins at 7 p.m. but you won’t want to miss the full day of fun that includes a snow park and sled hill. SUNDAY
2. [FREE] The 36th Annual Venice Canals Holiday Boat Parade will take place this Sunday. This year’s theme is “Peace on Earth” with the parade starting at the corner of Eastern and Sherman Canal at 4 p.m. SUNDAY
NOTE: If you’re thinking of spending your time and resources on helping those affected by the regional wildfires, Curbed LA has an excellent compilation of ways you can give back to those affected (donations of time, money, etc…). Every little bit helps!
5 MORE Options…
Here are 5 other things to do this weekend that may not be under $10 but still are worth knowing about:
- Refinery29 presents 29Rooms, a festival in Downtown L.A. focused on style, culture, and technology. The fest runs back-to-back weekends (December 7 – 10 & December 14 – 17) at ROW DTLA. FRIDAY-SUNDAY
- The Museum of Failure has landed in Los Angeles at A+D Architecture and Design Museum in the Arts District. Exhibits include some of recent history’s biggest commercial flops, including Donald Trump’s board game, the Harley-Davidson Perfume, the Apple Newton, the Betamax, Google Glass, and more. FRIDAY-SUNDAY
- SIP. SHOP. EAT! at The Collective Pop Up Market comes to The Allies in Downtown L.A. for a fun intersection of your favorite things past times: food, style, and drinks. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. SATURDAY (via Goldstar)
- The Renegade Craft Fair comes to Los Angeles State Historic Park for a two-day showcase of some of the best independent craft and design work from artisans and makers. SATURDAY-SUNDAY
- Hanukkah Festival: LA/LA at the Skirball Cultural Center. Highlights include Latin Jewish bands, cumbia dance lessons, hands-on art activities, a chocolate decorating workshop & live storytelling. SUNDAY
Want more? Check out all of our full list of 50 awesome things to do this weekend in Los Angeles or visit the We Like L.A. Events Calendar page.
Make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.