You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, February 5, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] 260LA will host a Diane von Furstenberg sample sale from February 5-10 in their Beverly Hills location.
2. [1 p.m.] LACMA will screen the 1969 film Easy Rider directed by Dennis Hopper and staring Hopper, Peter Fonda and Jack Nicholson about two Harley riders embarking on a cross-country search for spiritual truth.
3. [6 p.m.] Nicholas Britell comes to Amoeba Hollywood where he’ll play selections from his Oscar nominated scores. FREE
5. [7 p.m.] There’s a Golden Girls Trivia Night happening at Hamburger Mary’s in West Hollywood this Tuesday.
6. [7:30 p.m.] Speaking Truth to Power: From Thomas to Kavanaugh at The Hammer is a screening of the documentary Anita with a conversation to follow. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] Watch Doctor Who with your fellow Whovians this Tuesday night at Fox & Hounds. They’ll be showing the Eleventh Doctor two part episode “The Time of Angels/Flesh and Stone” on every TV as well as two big projectors inside and outside the bar. Drink special password is “TARDIS” and gets you $4 draft beer and $1 off wine and well drinks.
8. [9 p.m.] Emo Nite at Echo & Echoplex.
10. [various] Severance Wine Bar wants to celebrate your single status during their BREAKUP BAR POPUP. Taking place next door to the bar, the two week long party will transport guest into an anti-Valentine’s Day world with break up appropriate movie screenings, a Wall of Broken Relationships, loads of champagne, cocktails and food. Running Tuesday through Saturday till February 14.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: Get $4.75 tix to The Travel Expo at the Pasadena Convention Center (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar