You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, March 1, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [12:15 p.m.] Get your sun salutations on during Grand Park’s lunch time free yoga class stop by at 12:15 p.m. yoga runs till 1 p.m. FREE
2. [5:30 p.m.] L.A. Urban Adventures invites you to relive Old Hollywood by taking a stroll down the Hollywood Walk of Fame while stopping to hear stories about historic spots, sample drinks made famous during the Golden Age and try out local street food. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [7 p.m.] Duel + Duet: Slavoj Žižek and Graham Harman at SCI-Arc. FREE
4. [7 p.m.] Long Day’s Journey Into Night at Geffen Playhouse. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [7 p.m.] Every Wednesday night is Drag Queen Bingo at Hamburger Mary’s in West Hollywood. It’s a comedic event featuring transgender hosts, celebrity guests, and fabulous prizes.
6. [7:30 p.m.] For the first time ever, Political Gabfest will be live in Los Angeles. Listen to debates around today’s hot topics, such as the Trump administration, current events and more, followed by a live Q & A session after the show. Panel participants include Emily Bazelon of The New York Times Magazine, John Dickerson of Face the Nation, and David Plotz of Atlas Obscura.
7. [7:30 p.m.] Standing Tall for Tribal Rights at the Hammer Museum is a forum to discuss politics, policies and history of the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe and Dakota Access Pipeline. UCLA law professors Carole Goldberg and Angela R. Riley will discuss the fight for tribal sovereignty and Indian rights. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] The Tony Award-winning Fun Home is at the Ahmanson Theatre. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [9 p.m.] Dub Club at Echoplex. Free before 10 p.m, $7 thereafter.
10. [11 p.m.] The Cagematch at UCB Franklin.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $23 for LA Phil’s Baroque Variations at the Disney Concert Hall (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.