You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, March 11, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [noon] Obvious Plant’s Museum of Toys will house over 100 items created by comedian Jeff Wysaski including fake toys, actual toys with new names, and actual toys with fake facts. The show runs March 1-17 at Start Los Angeles, in Harvard Heights.
2. [2 p.m.] New Beverly Cinema host Monday Matinees with a screening of Clueless in 35mm.
3. [6 p.m.] Taste of Silence mezcal soiree happening at Wally’s in Santa Monica will offer El Silencio Joven and Espadin Mezcals, passed appetizers and mixed cocktails throughout the evening.
4. [7 p.m.] Write Club Los Angeles at the Bootleg Theater.
5. [7 p.m.] Social Lingo Language Exchange Party at The Cat and Fiddle.
6. [7 p.m.] There’s a themed pop-up called Grunge Shop Tavern where you’ll be transported to 1991, a time where Nirvana, flannel shirts and combat boots ruled. It’s an interactive experience, expect atmospheric actors, a fictitious bar owner called “Old Doug” and loads of grunge music throughout the night.
7. [7:30 p.m.] Muse: Simulation Theory World Tour comes to The Forum.
8. [7:30 p.m.] There’s a free Monday Night Fiction Workshop at Beyond Baroque in Venice this Monday. The weekly workshop will be facilitated by author, screenwriter, playwright, and director Barra Grant. FREE
9. [8 p.m.] Harvard & Stone 8 year anniversary celebration.
\10. [9 p.m.] The Mountaineer Cowboys at Happy Feet Monday at Joe’s Great American Bar & Grill in Burbank.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $39 tix to Cirque du Soleil Amaluna at the LA Waterfront in San Pedro
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar