You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, March 10, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [7 a.m.] Wescom Credit Union will be picking up the tab at 23 locations of The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® up to $15 per transaction until $2,000 worth of bills are paid at each location.
2. [10 a.m.] Mojave Flea Sunday Market Series comes to Freehand this Sunday. The traveling market supports small businesses and local trade. Vendors will offer handcrafted food, drink, apothecary, apparel, accessories, housewares, furnishings and vintage.
3. [10:30 a.m.] Challenge yourself with a 75-minute yoga class while enjoying views of the DTLA skyline during Flow + Flavor: Rooftop Yoga at Smorgasburg x ROW DTLA.
4. [11 a.m.] An installation created by design firm and technology studio VT Pro Design gets a West Coast debut at ROW DTLA. Telestron is two large-scale robotic conductors creating geometric shades through light and shadows all around guests in a seven minute light show. Open to the public Wednesday through Sunday with the end date of March 28. FREE
5. [11 a.m.] Holi Festival of Colors Los Angeles comes to Whittier March 9-10 for a celebration of the traditional Indian holiday. Festival is full of colors, yoga, cuisine, mantra, live bands, DJ’s, interactive dance, and more.
6. [noon] The 45h Annual Redondo Beach Kite Festival returns to the Redondo Beach Pier for an all-ages free afternoon of kite-flying and fun. In addition to prizes for best kites flown, there will be live music, a local dance studio performance, a martial arts demonstration, a hot dog on a stick eating contest and more. (note there is a chance of rain to day, and this may affect this event, so be advised!)
7. [noon] Obvious Plant’s Museum of Toys will house over 100 items created by comedian Jeff Wysaski including fake toys, actual toys with new names, and actual toys with fake facts. The show runs March 1-17 at Start Los Angeles, in Harvard Heights.
8. [noon] There’s a Art+ Feminism Wikipedia Edit-a-thon happening at The Hammer this Sunday. Beginners will be trained and all you need is a laptop. In addition, women in the arts are invited to stop by and have their portraits taken for Wikimedia Commons. FREE
9. [8 p.m.] Friendship Buddies a free stand-up comedy show taking place at the Verdugo Bar back patio features some of the best comics in Los Angeles and beyond. Show starts at 8p.m. FREE
10. [various] Delusion: The Blue Blade is an immersive play that puts in the center of a time travel adventure narrative. After a successful run last fall, the new ‘director’s cut’ edition of the play will run through March 17 on select nights.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $39 tix to Cirque du Soleil Amaluna at the LA Waterfront in San Pedro
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar