You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, March 14, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] 260LA will host an epic beauty event March 13-18 in Beverly Hills with Korean beauty skincare line Dr. Jart+, hair tool by ghd, and makeup brushes from Artis Brush all at a steep discount.
2. [9:30 a.m.] Chicano artist Barbara Carrasco’s 80-foot mural, L.A. History: A Mexican Perspective, will be the centerpiece of a new exhibit that opened at the Natural History Museum this past Friday. The mural will be on view through August 18, and is included with general admission to the museum.
6. [4:30 p.m.] Been thinking about giving back to the community? Checkout Burrito Project L.A. a meet-up that preps burritos to be delivered to folks in need. They’ll be prepping this Wednesday.
3. [6 p.m.] The 6th Annual STARS of Napa Valley Wine comes to the Peninsula Beverly Hills with magnificent tastes from around 40 of Napa Valley’s finest wineries.
5. [6 p.m.] Help celebrate Union’s four-year anniversary with a six-course “Farm and Field” dinner. The Pasadena restaurant will highlight local vendors that have been with them since day one including Grist & Toll, Flannery Beef, Dock to Dish seafood, DiStefano Cheese Weiser Family Farms and more.
4. [7 p.m.] The California African American Museum hosts the Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop Celebration this Wednesday in honor of five new exhibit openings. The night will include exhibit tours, DJ sets and food trucks. FREE
7. [7:30 p.m.] The Setup Comedy showcases a diverse lineup of comedy styles, backgrounds and welcomes both alternative and mainstream acts as long as they’re hilarious. Check them out at the Hollywood Improv.
8. [7:30 p.m.] Take a Gin Crafting Class at Greenbar Distillery this Wednesday. Taste a flight of six gins while learning about the history, then guests will learn how to craft their own gin while enjoying gin cocktails.
9. [8:30 p.m.] NTS Wednesday Nights at Ace Hotel Upstairs. FREE
10. [9 p.m.] Dub Club presents Purpleman at Echoplex. FREE (before 10 p.m.)
DEAL OF THE DAY: You can enter to win the ultimate DTLA Staycation via Greenbar Distillery just by Instramming one photo. Get details here!
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.