You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, March 15, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
2. [noon] Grand Central Market hosts Friday Night Flights every Friday starting at noon. The special includes a flight of drinks or bites from GCM vendors and a round trip ticket on the historic Angels Flight Railway right across the street for $15.
3. [noon] Obvious Plant’s Museum of Toys will house over 100 items created by comedian Jeff Wysaski including fake toys, actual toys with new names, and actual toys with fake facts. The show runs March 1-17 at Start Los Angeles, in Harvard Heights.
4. [2:30 p.m.] PAC-MAN and Donkey Kong fans rejoice because the Arcade Expo is returning the Museum of Pinball in Banning from March 15-17 with some 1,100 retro and modern arcade games and pinball machines.
5. [4 p.m.] An installation created by design firm and technology studio VT Pro Design gets a West Coast debut at ROW DTLA. Telestron is two large-scale robotic conductors creating geometric shades through light and shadows all around guests in a seven minute light show. Open to the public Wednesday through Sunday with the end date of March 28. FREE
6. [5 p.m.] A Cherry Blossom Festival takes over Huntington Central Park Friday through Sunday. The three-day celebration centers around these seasonal blossoms. Festival highlights include a Sakura night market, live entertainment, arts and craft and more. FREE
7. [6 p.m.] Odd Nights At The Autry feature a collection of vendors, gourmet food trucks, children activities, guest DJ’s, a full bar and access to The Autry Gallery until 9 p.m. Happening every third Friday of the month until October 2019. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED(via Goldstar)
8. [6 p.m.] Get up close and personal with sharks at the Aquarium of the Pacific during Shark Lagoon Nights. Guests will have the opportunity to touch bamboo sharks and view large sharks in an after hours setting. FR
9. [various] PaleyFest returns to the Dolby Theatre March 15 – 24 for a 10-day television festival featuring stars and creators from some of your favorite TV shows. PaleyFest is a culmination of screenings, panel discussions, Q&A’s and behind-the-scenes looks of a variety of TV shows you know and love.
10. [various] Desert X continues for its bi-annual public art show through April 21. Spread throughout the Coachella Valley in various locations, artists are commissioned to use the desert landscape as their canvas with breathtaking results.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $39 tix to Cirque du Soleil Amaluna at the LA Waterfront in San Pedro
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar