You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, March 16, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] Union Station for Metro Art Presents: 10-hour Bach Marathon with See/Hear L.A.
2. [9:30 a.m.] L.A. Nature Fest comes to The Natural History Museum L.A. (NHMLA) March 16-17 for two days of performances, hands-on activities, exhibitor booths, nature walks and more.
3. [10 a.m.] The 2019 West Covina Cherry Blossom Festival will feature a free festival with Japanese focused demonstrations, cuisine and more. FREE
4. [10 a.m.] A Cherry Blossom Festival takes over Huntington Central Park Friday through Sunday. The three-day celebration centers around these seasonal blossoms. Festival highlights include a Sakura night market, live entertainment, arts and craft and more. FREE
5. [11 a.m.] PAC-MAN and Donkey Kong fans rejoice because the Arcade Expo is returning the Museum of Pinball in Banning from March 15-17 with some 1,100 retro and modern arcade games and pinball machines.
6. [11 a.m.] The 25th annual Hermosa Beach St. Patrick’s Day Parade returns for an Irish themed celebration by the beach.
7. [noon] Obvious Plant’s Museum of Toys will house over 100 items created by comedian Jeff Wysaski including fake toys, actual toys with new names, and actual toys with fake facts. The show runs March 1-17 at Start Los Angeles, in Harvard Heights.
8. [1 p.m.] The N’owt but Stout Festival comes to Torrance’s Yorkshire Square Brewery for a St. Patty’s Day craft beer celebration featuring exceptional dark beers, on cask and keg, from breweries hand-selected by Yorkshire Square’s head brewer, Andy Black.
9. [7 p.m.] Queen Mary’s St. Patricks Day Eve Pub Stroll kicks off your green-themed holiday weekend by transforming Queen Mary’s historic salons and spaces into Irish pubs.
10. [various] PaleyFest returns to the Dolby Theatre March 15 – 24 for a 10-day television festival featuring stars and creators from some of your favorite TV shows. PaleyFest is a culmination of screenings, panel discussions, Q&A’s and behind-the-scenes looks of a variety of TV shows you know and love.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $14 tix to Street Food Cinema at the Million Dollar Theatre
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar