You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, March 2, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9:30 a.m.] The 6th Annual IPA Festival returns to Mohawk Bend this Saturday and Sunday with over 60 California breweries competing while guests sample a variety of unique IPAs, so were brewed exclusively for the festival.
2. [noon] Obvious Plant’s Museum of Toys will house over 100 items created by comedian Jeff Wysaski including fake toys, actual toys with new names, and actual toys with fake facts. The show runs March 1-17 at Start Los Angeles, in Harvard Heights.
3. [noon] Craft in America Center will re-open in a new gallery space with an exhibition of over 50 works by some of the most influential and innovative Californian craft artists from the mid-twentieth century.
4. [5 p.m.] There’s a Sour Beer Showcase at sports and arcade bar Free Play from 5 p.m. to midnight. Located on the new second-floor of LAFC’s Banc of California Stadium there will be close to a dozen fine and rare sour beers from around the country.
5. [8 p.m.] Flow Piano Sound Bath at St. John’s Cathedral in DTLA.
6. [8 p.m.] Colburn Orchestra performs Beethoven and Rimsky-Korsakov at the Walt Disney concert hall this Saturday under the direction of New Jersey Symphony Orchestra Music Director Xian Zhang.
7. [various] Delusion: The Blue Blade is an immersive play that puts in the center of a time travel adventure narrative. After a successful run last fall, the new ‘director’s cut’ edition of the play will run on select dates through March 17.
8. [various] Dan Savage’s HUMP! Film Festival returns on select dates from February 28 through March 9. The nationwide festival showcases five-minute sex-positive ‘dirty movies’ on the big screen of The Downtown Independent in celebration of creative sexual expression.
9. [various] Dreamscape Immersive, the latest contender in location-based virtual reality, has opened in the Westfield Century City mall with three unique adventures that include an alien zoo, a deep ocean dive and an action packed adventure to find a powerful jewel. Open seven days a week.
10. [various] Tocaya Organica will celebrate their grand opening in Westwood by giving guests their first two tacos free with any purchase of a beverage, side, or entrée.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $39 tix to Cirque du Soleil Amaluna at the LA Waterfront in San Pedro
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar