You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, March 3, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] CicLAvia is back for another round of open-streets biking, walking and exploring in different Los Angeles communities. This time they’ll focus on Culver City, Mar Vista and Palms. FREE
2. [9:30 a.m.] The 6th Annual IPA Festival returns to Mohawk Bend this Saturday and Sunday with over 60 California breweries competing while guests sample a variety of unique IPAs, so were brewed exclusively for the festival.
3. [11:30 a.m.] The Original Farmers Market’s Annual Mardi Gras Celebration brings a taste of NOLA right to Los Angeles. A family-friendly celebration the day includes New Orleans’ food, a musical line-up of Cajun and Zydeco music and Mardi Gras activities.
4. [noon] Obvious Plant’s Museum of Toys will house over 100 items created by comedian Jeff Wysaski including fake toys, actual toys with new names, and actual toys with fake facts. The show runs March 1-17 at Start Los Angeles, in Harvard Heights.
5. [noon] Non-profit arts organization The Secret City comes to the Bootleg Theatre for an afternoon of over the top music, art, performances, food, storytelling, joyful interaction, community and kooky outfits. This event is free with a suggestion of a donation. Childcare is also free for parents.
6. [3 p.m.] The 6th Annual Stouts n Staches Brew Fest & Pig Roast is a block-party style event happening on Sunday March 3 at Clutch Venice.
7. [various] Delusion: The Blue Blade is an immersive play that puts in the center of a time travel adventure narrative. After a successful run last fall, the new ‘director’s cut’ edition of the play will run on select dates through March 17.
8. [various] Dan Savage’s HUMP! Film Festival returns on select dates from February 28 through March 9. The nationwide festival showcases five-minute sex-positive ‘dirty movies’ on the big screen of The Downtown Independent in celebration of creative sexual expression.
9. [various] Dreamscape Immersive, the latest contender in location-based virtual reality, has opened in the Westfield Century City mall with three unique adventures that include an alien zoo, a deep ocean dive and an action packed adventure to find a powerful jewel. Open seven days a week.
10. [various] Tocaya Organica will celebrate their grand opening in Westwood by giving guests their first two tacos free with any purchase of a beverage, side, or entrée.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $39 tix to Cirque du Soleil Amaluna at the LA Waterfront in San Pedro
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar