You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, March 4, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [noon] Obvious Plant’s Museum of Toys will house over 100 items created by comedian Jeff Wysaski including fake toys, actual toys with new names, and actual toys with fake facts. The show runs March 1-17 at Start Los Angeles, in Harvard Heights.
2. [12:30 p.m.] Free yoga classes are held at the Edendale Branch Library every Monday this month. FREE
3. [1 p.m.] Go Get em Tiger in Los Feliz is hosting a free cupping of their latest coffee lineup at 1 p.m. this Monday. If you find yourself on the east side GGET’s Highland Park location is hosting a tea tasting of their latest offerings. FREE
4. [6 p.m.] Got Kosher? Bakery & Deli will be offering free food from 6 to 9 p.m. to celebrate a grand opening.
5. [7 p.m.] Hot Tub With Kurt And Kristen at The Virgil is one of the most popular weekly variety shows happening on a Monday in Los Angeles.
6. [7:30 p.m.] There’s a free Monday Night Fiction Workshop at Beyond Baroque in Venice this Monday. The weekly workshop will be facilitated by author, screenwriter, playwright, and director Barra Grant. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] Mystic Mondays at Resident in DTLA.
8. [ 9 p.m.] Holy Crow Jazz Band at Happy Feet Mondays at Joe’s Great American Bar & Grill in Burbank.
9. [9 p.m.] The Business LA is a free comedy show at Little Joy featuring some of the best local comics in town. FREE
10. [various] Dan Savage’s HUMP! Film Festival returns on select dates from February 28 through March 9. The nationwide festival showcases five-minute sex-positive ‘dirty movies’ on the big screen of The Downtown Independent in celebration of creative sexual expression.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $39 tix to Cirque du Soleil Amaluna at the LA Waterfront in San Pedro
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar