You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, March 24, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] WonderCon returns to Anaheim Convention Center March 23-25 for the ultimate comic book convention weekend that also focuses on TV, film, animation, and more.
2. [11 a.m.] The 2018 Latin Food Fest is two days of food, beer & wine booths, celebrity chef demos, a michelada bar, a spirits expo, live performances and more. Happening in Santa Monica March 23-24.
3. [11 a.m.] 7th Annual Winner’s Circle BBQ Championship at Santa Anita Park is a delicious competition featuring BBQ from local and national restaurants, chefs and grillmasters. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. [noon] 12th Annual Santa Monica Airport ArtWalk will host art exhibits and demonstrations, alongside various theatre and music workshops. The ArtWalk is free and open for all ages. FREE
5. [noon] The new Waffles and Beer Festival debuts at Pershing Square in Downtown Los Angeles March 24-25 to celebrate the Swedish tradition known as Waffle Day. The festival will offer a wide variety of savory and sweet waffles and an array of craft beers for sale along with live music and more.
6. [2 p.m.] adidas teams up with Na-kel Smith for 3 Rooms, a multi-sensory shopping experience taking place at HNYPT in Downtown Los Angeles. The one-day pop-up will feature limited releases and exclusive collaborations in three distinctive, unpredictable environments, all of which were conceptualized by Na-kel.
7. [4:30 p.m.] NewFilmmakers is hosting the Los Angeles Women Directors & Narratives Film Festival a celebration of independent cinema in spotlighting female filmmakers and stories. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [5 p.m.] The Norton Simon Museum celebrates French artist Edgar Degas with a night of interactive workshops like sculpting and drawing, live entertainment including harp and cello performances and more.
9. [various] The VOID’s virtual reality experience Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire is now open in the Glendale Galleria. The “hyper-reality” experience puts players in a 360 virtual world allowing them to touch, smell, and sensing their surroundings.
10. [various] In honor of J.S. Bach’s birthday, Bach in the Subways returns to L.A. March 21-25 with free performances at Union Station, North Hollywood, Glendale, and other public venues. The events are highlighted by a 10-hour Bach Marathon at Union Station on March 24.
NOTE: March For Our Lives Los Angeles is set to take place in Downtown this morning beginning at 9 a.m. Whether you choose to participate, or just need to stay aware of potential traffic implications, it’s good to keep in mind.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $10 tix to 420 Festival at The Wiltern
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.