You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, March 31, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9:30 a.m.] This Saturday Metro presents the San Fernando Street Festival. Folks are encouraged to bike, skate, rollerblade, walk, play and dance. Play in car-free streets from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. FREE
2. [10 a.m.] The city of Rosemead will host their annual Easter Eggstravaganza this Saturday at Garvey Park with free game booths, moon bounce, egg hunts and photo ops with the Easter Bunny. FREE
3. [11 a.m.] LEGION returns to FX on April 3 and to celebrate, there will be an immersive installation in Hollywood that guests can enjoy for free. The 360-video installation LEGION Chamber will run March 30 through April 1. FREE
4. [11 a.m.] Head to Simi Valley for the Margarita Taco Festival where you’ll quench your thirst on a variety of margaritas and get stuffed with tacos galore. The event will benefit the Welcome Home Soldier Foundation providing sleeping bags to homeless veterans.
5. [11 a.m.] City of Whittier’s Eggxtravaganza at at Michigan Park will feature a helicopter egg drop, pictures with the Easter bunny, crafts and more.
6. [noon] There’s a free immersive rooftop party at the Ace Hotel this Saturday to celebrate the launch of its spring menu with Flora & Fauna, curated by Disco Dining Club.
7. [noon] The annual Blessing of the Animals takes place at Olvera Street, with blessings offered by Archbishop Jose Gomez. All pets are welcomed… four-legged, scaly, water-bound, and the list goes on. The line for blessings starts at 1 p.m. FREE
8. [6 p.m.] Street artist CHASE will premier a new solo show titled “Into Light & Space” at Castelli Art Space this Saturday. The artists emblematic “Chase Eye” can be found on many walls in L.A. but for this show he has captured his street art style into the phenomena of light, volume and scale, and created new pieces using glass, neon, fluorescent lights, resin and acrylic for the first time. Opening reception is from 6-10 p.m. FREE
9. [until 4 p.m.] 3rd Annual 420 Games Los Angeles will take place on the Santa Monica Pier will feature yoga, basketball, CBD massages, a 4.20 mile boardwalk course, athletics, vendors and much more.
10. [8 p.m.] Zombie Joe’s presents a F*CKED UP EASTER EGG HUNT not for children but for adults who like scary, weird and totally wrong situations. The special limited performance will only take place on Easter weekend.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $12 tix to the Broke LA Music & Arts Festival (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.