You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, April 12, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9:30 a.m.] Check out Butterfly Season at Kidspace Children’s Museum now through May 4. Activities include daily butterfly exploration in the Stone Hollow Amphitheater.
2. [noon] Art duo Dosshaus has ransformed the Corey Helford Gallery into a flop-house hotel from the 60’s made entirely of recycled cardboard hand painted to look like black & white illustrations. The exhibit houses hundreds of individual pieces including a “Paper-Thin Hotel” with several life size rooms. FREE
3. [5 p.m.] The night market at hilltop Asian restaurant Yamashiro back for 2018 every Thursday, from 5 to 9 p.m.
4. [5 p.m.] The North Redondo Beach Business Association presents SpringFest (April 12-15) a four-day spring carnival and community festival estimated to bring out 40,000 visitors for the last 30 plus years. FREE
5. [6 p.m.] The Downtown Art Walk celebrates World Art Day. FREE
6. [6 p.m.] Take a Thai cooking class at BLVD Kitchen in Sherman Oaks, this Thursday Rio Caster will give you a hands on introduction to Thai cooking. You will learn to make Thai Chicken Curry, Mango Sticky Rice and Green Papaya Salad.
7. [7 p.m.] There’s a Nochella community movement workshop thrown by Moved LA this Thursday. It’s donation based and will feature beer, cannabis goodies and a take home gift.
8. [7:30 p.m.] The Hammer hosts a conversation about Urban Revitalization and the Los Angeles River this Thursday with Barbara Romero, deputy mayor of Los Angeles, Jill Sourial, The Nature Conservancy urban conservation director, and Richard Ambrose, UCLA Fielding School of Public Health professor. FREE
9. [9 p.m.] Escape Room LA presents The Pyramid a race against the clock expedition to find a special treasure inside a pyramid. You must complete the task or risk being trapped there forever (just kidding its a game!) DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [various] Free admission at: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center (noon to 5 p.m.), Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.) and USC Pacific Asian Museum (5 to 8 p.m.)
DEAL OF THE DAY: Street Food Cinema at Expo Park (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.