You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, April 2, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Check out Butterfly Season at Kidspace Children’s Museum now through May 4. Activities include daily butterfly exploration in the Stone Hollow Amphitheate
2. [5 p.m.] Hangout at the Aquarium of the Pacific at night and see sharks, jellyfish and more in a different light! Happening multiple times this week. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [6 p.m.] Saudi Art Days honoring visual arts and culture of the Arabian Peninsula will feature an acclaimed photography exhibit, evening programs, films and an industry panel discussion. All programs are free to attend. The event takes place at Linwood Dunn Theater from April 2-4. FREE
4. [6 p.m.] Monday Jazz Nights at Le Petit Four.
5. [7 p.m.] Pussy Riot at The Echoplex. The show is SOLD OUT but you may still be able to get fan tickets via the Lyte ticket exchange.
6. [7 p.m.] CatCafe Lounge just launched PAWS Yoga a restorative yoga class where you’ll get your namaste in with a side of hanging out with adorable cats! They plan to do this every Monday to help raise money for their non-profit cafe.
7. [8 p.m.] Live Talks Los Angeles presents Sean Penn in conversation with Jane Smiley.
8. [8:30 p.m.] Soul Nite at the Ace Hotel Upstairs.
9. [9 p.m.] The Business LA is a free comedy show at Little Joy featuring some of the best local comics in town. FREE
10. [various] After a months-long delay, Candytopia finally brought its immersive, oh-so-sweet Insta-friendly experience to Santa Monica, where it will remain till July 4.
SPECIAL NOTE: Greenbar Distillery has teamed up with The Burrito Project and a select list of local bars and restaurants, to provide thousands of burritos to those in need in the Los Angeles area. Simply go to a bar on the list and order a CITY Bright gin cocktail from there Greenbar Distillery will donate a burrito to The Burrito Project. Get more info here.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $9 tix to Street Food Cinema in Pasadena (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.