You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, April 23, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [7 p.m.] Bring a little meditation to your Monday at the Eastside/Hollywood Forever Cemetery Sitting Group.
2. [7:30 p.m.] Space Odyssey: Stanley Kubrick, Arthur C. Clarke, and the Making of a Masterpiece (author talk and book signing) at LACMA. FREE
3. [8 p.m.] The Moth storytelling event returns to the Regent Theater in Downtown Los Angeles on April 23. The GrandSLAM Championship, featuring the winners of the past 10 Moth StorySLAMS, is a battle of wits and words.
4. [8 p.m.] The Wednesday Addams, Barrio Tiger and Pleasure Burn play at The Satellite. FREE
5. [8 p.m.] The Unending Thread Residency Night 4 at The Hi Hat.
6. [10 p.m.] The Mint Jam (live soul + blues) at The Mint on West Pico.
7. [various] Take a stroll down the T.V. Hall of Fame Plaza in North Hollywood. Dedicated to television pioneers, you’ll see a 27-foot Emmy Award, a life-sized statue of Johnny Carson and other legends of the small screen in the plaza. FREE
8. [various] Candytopia brings its immersive, oh-so-sweet Insta-friendly experience to Santa Monica, where it will remain till July 4.
9. [various] Visit Virtual Room in Hollywood for a group VR adventure in which you’ll go back in time to ensure a better future.
10. [various] Immerse yourself in eight days of French film, documentaries, and TV shows when the COLCOA French Film Festival takes over the Directors Guild of America (DGA) in Hollywood from April 23-30.
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.