You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, April 25, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [12:15 p.m.] Take an afternoon yoga class in beautiful Grand Park. The 45 minute workout is complimentary to the public every. After yoga, checkout the many food trucks lining the park and grab lunch al fresco style. FREE
2. [6 p.m.] Taste of Downtown Long Beach April 25-26 will takeover the East Village Arts District with samples of food and drinks from restaurants from in the area. Admission is free and guests pay to eat by purchasing booklets of tickets.
3. [6 p.m.] Liquid Intelligence will take over The Mixing Room from 6-7 p.m. for one hour of complimentary tastings of Angel City Brewery’s Kumquat Kettle Sour. FREE
4. [7 p.m.] Angel City Brewery will host Plant Nite a succulent D.I.Y. event where guest get to create their own terrariums while sipping on beer and snacking on bites.
5. [7 p.m.] The Slurring Bee makes its way to The Virgil this Wednesday for a bar spelling bee with a money prize, bee-themed prizes and guaranteed slurring if you choose to participate.
6. [7 p.m.] Bad Housekeeping at Good Housekeeping in Highland Park pops up every Wednesday now through May 30. On these nights you’ll find libations inspired by bad recipes of the past including a ‘glazed ham’ and cherry cordials cocktail.
7. [7:15 p.m.] Griffith Observatory offers a Sunset Walk & Talk one evening a month. At this free event, guests will enjoy a sunset hike led by a Griffith Park park ranger and a museum guide. FREE
8. [9 p.m.] Golden Road Brewing presents Hip HOPS Night on the last Wednesday of every month. From 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. guests will enjoy $5 food + drink specials, DJ tunes and a handful of live performances as well as live art and pop up shops. Admission is $5.
9. [various] Pasadena’s One Colorado hosts its first-ever Happy Hour Week from April 25-May 1 offering live entertainment and specially priced drinks and bites from local restaurants.
10. [various] Immerse yourself in eight days of French film, documentaries, and TV shows when the COLCOA French Film Festival takes over the Directors Guild of America (DGA) in Hollywood from April 23-30.
DEAL OF THE DAY: Get $8 tix for Eat|See|Hear outdoor movies in Santa Monica (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.