You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, April 27, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] On the last Friday of each month the California Market Center hosts a public sample sale with hundreds of showrooms offering men, women and children fashion as well as gift and home items at below-retail prices.
2. [6 p.m.] Our L.A. Voices: Arts Festival at Grand Park is a weekend long art celebration featuring visual art showcases including dance, music and theatre performances, alongside traditional art pieces. The three-day event takes places April 27-29. FREE
3. [7 p.m.] Alcove and Big Bar present their annual Gala in the Gardens spring time festival. Guests can expect five completely different experiences and signature cocktails to go with each space. Highlights include a boozy tea garden and a Putt Putt Goose mini golf experience. Admission is free. FREE
4. [7 p.m.] There’s a SURVIVOR themed comedy show happening at The Virgil featuring stand-up vs. sketch comedians with hilarious challenges to determine who is the comedy SURVIVOR. FREE
5. [7:30 p.m.] Topanga Women’s Full Moon Celebration.
6. [8 p.m.] Amy Herzog’s Belleville continues its first-ever Los Angeles run at the Pasadena Playhouse this weekend. The play stars Anna Camp (Pitch Perfect, True Blood) and Thomas Sadoski (Life in Pieces, The Newsroom) in a production that Entertainment Weekly calls a “shocking thrill ride that will leave you breathless.” Performances run this Friday (8 p.m.) and Saturday (2 and 8 p.m.), with engagements continuing on select dates through May 13.
7. [8 p.m.] Decompress at Mystic Journey Crystals in Venice with a crystal sound bath that combines original compositions and performances with crystal singing bowls.
8. [various] The TCM Classic Film Festival, will return to Los Angeles from April 26 to 29 bringing over 80 movie screenings — including new restorations of landmark films — and panel discussions at several iconic Hollywood venues.
9. [various] Pasadena’s One Colorado hosts its first-ever Happy Hour Week from April 25-May 1 offering live entertainment and specially priced drinks and bites from local restaurants.
10. [various] Immerse yourself in eight days of French film, documentaries, and TV shows when the COLCOA French Film Festival takes over the Directors Guild of America (DGA) in Hollywood from April 23-30.
DEAL OF THE DAY: Get $8 tix for Eat|See|Hear outdoor movies in Santa Monica (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.