You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, April 5, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Dwell on Design a design and architecture convention that runs April 5-7 will take place at the Los Angeles Convention Center and will feature speakers, panels and consultations by acclaimed architects, interior designers and design visionaries. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. [10 a.m.] April 5 is National Caramel Day, celebrate by walking through a life sized CANDY LAND game board in Santa Monica thanks to Werther’s Caramel and Hasbro. This pop-up only happens for one-day only on the Santa Monica Pier.
3. [noon] The Museum of Selfies opened on April 1 and will run till May 31 with 10 interactive exhibits that welcomes visitors to take a closer look into the cultural phenomenon. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. [5 p.m.] The Yamashiro Night Market is back in Hollywood.
5. [6 p.m.] Set in the back room of old school Chinese food joint, Genghis Cohen, The Setup Comedy Show features touring stand-up comics, late-night writers, and movie stars. Check for discounted ticketsbefore making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [6 p.m.] Chinatown After Dark going down at Far East Plaza happens every first Thursday of the month and is a testing ground for chefs in our city as well as a place to enjoy local music.
7. [7:30 p.m.] Rooftop Cinema Club screen The Florida Project at The Montalban Hollywood.
8. [9 p.m.] Cosmic Karaoke at Scum and Villainy Cantina.
9. [various] The VOID’s virtual reality experience Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire is now open in the Glendale Galleria. The “hyper-reality” experience puts players in a 360 virtual world allowing them to touch, smell, and sensing their surroundings.
10. [various] Free admission at: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center (noon to 5 p.m.), Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.) and USC Pacific Asian Museum (5 to 8 p.m.) FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $9 tix to Street Food Cinema in Pasadena (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.