You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, May 10, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] Shop handbags, clothing, shoes and accessories at up to 75% off during the Rebecca Minkoff sample sale. Happening May 8-13 at 260la in Beverly Hills.
2. [4 p.m.] Free Thursdays at The Broad takes places from 4-7 p.m. where free admission to Jasper Johns: ‘Something Resembling Truth’ will be issued starting at 3:45 p.m. No reservations are necessary. FREE
3. [6 p.m.] Downtown Art Walk brings art enthusiasts and locals together every second Thursday of each month to take part in gallery tours, shop the art mart and sample nearby food trucks, and experience the overall flavor of the downtown Los Angeles Historic Core.
4. [6 p.m.] Opening Reception for ‘Latinidad in focus: Sin fronteras’ at the Annenberg Community Beach House. FREE
5. [7 p.m.] Nerd Nite is a monthly event held in 100+ cities across the globe including Busby’s East in Los Angeles! Dubbed as “Discovery Channel with beer” folks will give fun and informative presentations about a variety of topics and the audience drinks along.
6. [7:30 p.m.] UCLA Free Film: Hitlers Hollwyood: German Cinema in the Age of Propaganda: 1933-45 with panel discussion to follow. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] They Who Saw the Deep is a new multi-discipline immersive experience that takes place in a secret 17,000 square-foot space in Koreatown.
8. [8 p.m.] The Unauthorized Musical Parody of Clueless takes over the Rockwell in Los Feliz with Broadway style performances in an intimate cabaret setting. Happening Thursday and throughout the weekend. (DISCOUNTED) via Goldstar
9. [various] Free admission at: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center (noon to 5 p.m.), Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.) and USC Pacific Asian Museum (5 to 8 p.m.) FREE
10. [various] Beyond the Streets is a fully immersive exhibition of street and graffiti art comprised of over 30 artist in a massive 40,000+ square feet exhibits. Artist are an eclectic mix of street and beyond including Retna, Shepard Fairey, Kenny Scharf Dennis Hopper and Jenny Holzer. Open Tuesday through Sunday this week. $25 ticket reservations are required.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $42.95 tix to the KROQ Weenie Roast (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.