You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, May 12, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [8 a.m.] Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden located in Claremont is celebrating Mother’s Day with free admission for moms plus a free gift to the first 200 moms who show up this Sunday. FREE
2. [10 a.m.] Unique Markets Spring Pop-Up comes to the California Market Center May 11 – 12 for a curated shopping experience. This pop-up features one-of-a-kind gifts from modern, independent designers, artists, and emerging brands. Aside from shopping, Unique Markets offers two afternoons of fun music, free bites, drinks, DIY projects, and a photo booth.
3. [10:30 a.m.] Challenge yourself with a 70-minute yoga class while enjoying views of the DTLA skyline during Flow + Flavor: Rooftop Yoga at Smorgasburg x ROW DTLA. This week CBD wellness brand Papa & Barkley will be on hand to discuss the benefits of their products.
4. [noon] Newly opened Barcade in Highland Park will host a Family Day this Sunday, noon to 5 p.m. They’ll have a kids menu for the occasion and arcade games will keep every family member happy.
5. [noon] East Los Angeles Art Walk, a monthly event brought to you by the East LA Business Association of the 1st St corridor invites guests to meet independent artists, muralists, crafters as well as local brands from the Eastside and surrounding neighborhoods every second Sunday of the month. FREE
6. [1 p.m.] L.A. Times Food Bowl Night Market comes to Grand Park May 8 – 12 for an outdoor celebration of Los Angeles’ deliciously diverse food scene. Each of the five nights feature a specific theme, an array of food vendors, pop-ups, chef collaborations, art installations and live music all in one space. Sunday’s theme is All-Star BBQ.
7. [5:30 p.m.] There’s a Game of Thrones viewing party happening at Hotel Figueroa at ‘House Tangier’ each Sunday leading up to the series finale. The food and drink menu will be inspired by GOT for the event. A peek at the menu shows dishes like Open Faceless Man Sandwich and a Stark Courage cocktail made of tequila, mezcal and Chartreuse.
8. [7 p.m.] The Autry will host Latin Dance Sunday with music from Cal State LA’s award-winning Afro Latin Ensemble. There will be a bar and light refreshments served, select galleries will also remain open for the event.
9. [various] The formerly anonymous art collective now known as The Art Department first captured Angelenos attention when they created the Griffith Park Teahouse in 2015. Now they’re back again with a new installation called Dandelions, which promises surreal factory of flowers somewhere south of Downtown L.A. (details are intentionally vague). The installation runs May 9, 11 and 12, and is free to the public. FREE
10. [various] 14 Mother’s Day Brunches in L.A. for 2019
#SPONSORED DEAL: $7 tix to the Original Lobster Festival (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar