You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, May 13, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [noon] X-Men Day at Golden Apple Comics welcomes two stars of Dark Phoenix (Alexandra Shipp aka “STORM” and Kodi Smit-mcphee aka “NIGHTCRAWLER”) doing a limited edition poster signing. The first 100 fans that show up to Golden Apple at 11 a.m. will get line passes. 1 pass per person. 1 poster per person.
3. [2 p.m.] POP SK8 brings a pop-up outdoor roller-skating rink to the Westfield Valencia now through May 27.
4. [6 p.m.] It’s Beer and Magic night at Angel City Brewing this Monday. Come on by from 6 to 9 p.m. and be entertained while sipping on a beer.
5. [6 p.m.] Players Wanted: Pokémon – A Themed Game Night at Scum and Villainy Cantina.
6. [7 p.m.] The Strokes play The Wiltern.
8. [9 p.m.] MOM LA: A Stevie Wonder birthday edition at The Short Stop.
9. [9:30 p.m.] The Mermaid Comedy Hour returns to the Hollywood Improv with a fierce lineup that includes Laurie Kilmartin, Meredith Casey and more.
10. [various] The American Cinematheque and the European Union presents the sixth annual Starring Europe, New Films from the EU (May 9-13) a film festival to celebrate and discover new films from across the European Union.
#SPONSORED DEAL: $7 tix to the Original Lobster Festival (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar