You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, May 14, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [1:30 p.m.] The Hammer museum will host a free afternoon screening of The September Issue. FREE
3. [2 p.m.] POP SK8 brings a pop-up outdoor roller-skating rink to the Westfield Valencia now through May 27.
4. [4 p.m.] Häagen-Dazs annual free cone day is back! Just be at a participating locations to grab a free ice cream scoop (cup, sugar cone, or cake cone) of your choice on Tuesday between 4 to 8 p.m
5. [6:30 p.m.] Shopify will host an evening Shop Class Session on Email Marketing 101 where guests will learn how to build an email list, create campaigns and maximum impact. FREE
6. [7 p.m.] Cher’s 73rd Birthday Extravaganza Show at El Cid.
7. [7:30 p.m.] Tonight there is a free screening of The Advocates, a documentary about L.A.’s mounting homeless crisis, at the James Bridges Theater on the campus of UCLA. Film to be followed by Q&A discussion.
8. [8 p.m.] Fool’s Gold: A Free Comedy Show at The Nickel Mine in West L.A. FREE
10. [various] The American Cinematheque and the European Union presents the sixth annual Starring Europe, New Films from the EU (May 9-13) a film festival to celebrate and discover new films from across the European Union.
#SPONSORED DEAL: $7 tix to the Original Lobster Festival (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar