You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, May 15, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] Get 73-cent burgers at Original Tommy’s (all locations) this Wednesday to celebrate their 73rd anniversary.
2. [2 p.m.] POP SK8 brings a pop-up outdoor roller-skating rink to the Westfield Valencia now through May 27.
3. [6 p.m.] FLIX at FIG will screen 10 Things I Hate About You at FIGat7th in DTLA. The free movie screenings happen every third Wednesday of the month. A live DJ and happy hour kicks off the night at 6 p.m. and the film begins at 7 p.m. FREE
4. [6:30 p.m.] JAPAN HOUSE Los Angeles brings their Japanese Food Lab back with a History of Sushi with Chef Kouji Kimura. The evening will be a roaming tasting event paired with a Q&A with Chef Kimura.
5. [7 p.m.] Scot Nery’s Boobietrap #211, one of the most unique and entertaining variety shows in Los Angeles.
6. [7 p.m.] California African American Museum presents #OscarsSoWhite with April Reign, a lively discussions about using social media for political engagement and social activism. FREE
7. [7 p.m.] Los Angeles Magazine’s Burgers Bourbon + Beer 2019 at The Bloc.
8. [7 p.m.] The Super Serious Show is a comedy event produced by CleftClips featuring both established and up-and-coming talent performing an array of stand-up, sketch and musical comedy. Happening at The Virgil.
9. [8 p.m.] Grand Central Market will host a trivia night on the Broadway side of the open air market at 8 p.m.
10. [various] The American Cinematheque and the European Union presents the sixth annual Starring Europe, New Films from the EU (May 9-13) a film festival to celebrate and discover new films from across the European Union.
#SPONSORED DEAL: $7 tix to the Original Lobster Festival (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar