You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, May 20, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] WhedonCon 2018, taking place May 18-20 at Warner Center in Woodland Hills is a Joss Whedon-inspired convention that includes Fan Friday, Supernatural Saturday and Super Sunday.
2. [9:30 a.m.] Come greet your bug-eyed friends during the Bug Fair at NHMLA on May 19-20. Highlights include exotic bug collections, bug-created products, bug chefs and nature walks.
3. [10 a.m.] BEAT SWAP MEET celebrates 10 years this Sunday! Shop, sell or trade records from passionate collectors, listen to music in four different areas, attend a scratch q&a by Open Format and more. BSM is held during Smorgasburg at ROW DTLA. Free to attend.
4. [11:15 a.m.] 7th Annual LitFest Pasadena, hosted within the Pasadena Playhouse District, is a literary-focused festival that’s free for all ages. The event takes place May 19-20 and features workshops, panels, readings and more. FREE
5. [noon] South Bay Beer & Wine Festival takes over Ernie Howlett Park in Rolling Hills Estates with over 80 food and drink vendors and unlimited samples.
6. [noon] Enjoy a day of Cuban culture when La Plaza de Cultura y Artes hosts the Cuban American Music Festival on Sunday, with four musical acts, dancing, local Cuban artists, and Cuban food and drink.
7. [noon] Angel City Brewery’s 6th annual Heritage Music and Arts Festival is a celebration of the brewery’s sixth birthday and a salute to the culture and heritage of Angel City’s neighbors and community through a day of live art, music, dance, local food and cold beer.
8. [1 p.m.] Gourmet food, classic cars and tasty libations will collide at the CBS Studio Center Back Lot during Flavor of LA.
9. [various] On Sunday six area museums and historical homes will open their doors free of charge for Museums of the Arroyo Day.
DEAL OF THE DAY: Get $15 tix to the Beyond the Streets graffiti art exhibition (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.