You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, May 6, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [8 a.m.] The Pasadena City College Flea Market takes place every first Sunday of each month.
2. [10 a.m.] Bid farewell to Kidspace Museum’s butterfly season during its Grand Butterfly Celebration on May 5-6. Learn about butterflies and how support their life cycle, mold a butterfly puddler out of clay, paint butterfly scenes en plain air & make a butterfly stick kite that you can wave at the 2 p.m. show with a live DJ.
3. [10 a.m.] Speak Easy Yoga is a brand-new series curated especially for Hotel Indigo Los Angeles Downtown on Sundays through the end of May. Do a down dog and namaste to music from the 1920s. If you follow your yoga session with Indigo’s Bootlegger Brunch, it will include one complimentary beverage with purchase of a brunch entrée.
4. [10:30 a.m.] Vegfest 2018, the all-vegan festival will feature 100+ vegan speakers and 50+ vegan food trucks and booths. Admission is free for all attendees and will include a vegan international food court, live music, kids activities, animal adoptions and an eco-marketplace.
5. [11 a.m.] Visit Tujunga Village for the first-ever Springtime in the Village Wine & Jazz Festival and Street Faire. The event, taking place outside classic Italian restaurant and jazz club Vitello’s, is a great opportunity to taste over 100 wines, meet the winemakers, sample bites and enjoy live music.
6. [3 p.m.] The Masters of Taste food and drink festival returns to the Pasadena Rose Bowl this Sunday for the ultimate spread of delicious food and drink all for a good cause
7. [3 p.m.] Mount Wilson Observatory launches its second season of special concerts inside its historic 100-inch telescope dome at Concert in the Dome. There will be two musical performances: one at 3 p.m. and the other at 5 p.m. A reception for the artists will follow each performance.
8. [6 p.m.] Stories Of is a female-identified story telling event featuring live performances, DJ sets, a market place and more. Taking place at The Regent in DTLA this edition of Stories Of will focus on the topic of jealously featuring stories from Garbage front woman Shirley Manson, comedian Aparna Nancherla aa well as founders and activists of empowerment.
9. [6 p.m.] E.P. & L.P. in West Hollywood brings back their stylish cinema series Melrose Rooftop Theatre this week with a screening of Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri. Choose to just watch the movie or purchase a three course dinner package before hand. There will be concession style snacks and cocktails for sale as well.
10. [various] Free admission at: Museum of Latin American Art and Craft and Folk Art Museum (pay what you can)
DEAL OF THE DAY: $2.50 tix to the Long Beach Crawfish Festival (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.