You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, May 9, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] Shop handbags, clothing, shoes and accessories at up to 75% off during the Rebecca Minkoff sample sale. Happening May 8-13 at 260la in Beverly Hills.
2. [5 p.m.] Platinum indie pop musician BORNS will give a free performance at Amoeba Music in Hollywood this Wednesday at 5 p.m.
3. [6 p.m.] Fried Chicken Party at Far East Plaza in Chinatown as part of the L.A. Time Food Bowl.
4. [6 p.m.] E.P. & L.P. in West Hollywood continues their stylish cinema series Melrose Rooftop Theatre with a screening of The Big Lebowski. Choose to just watch the movie or purchase a three course dinner package before hand. There will be concession style snacks and cocktails for sale as well.
5. [7 p.m.] Bad Housekeeping at Good Housekeeping in Highland Park pops up every Wednesday now through May 30. On these nights you’ll find libations inspired by bad recipes of the past including a ‘glazed ham’ and cherry cordials cocktail.
6. [7:30 p.m.] Part comedy show, beauty pageant and live music event, The Comedy Pageant features Cristela Alonzo, Rhea Butcher, Adam Conover, Lizzy Cooperman and Annie Lederman in a comedy show happening at The Virgil this Wednesday. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] Amy Herzog’s Belleville continues its first-ever Los Angeles run at the Pasadena Playhouse this week. The play stars Anna Camp (Pitch Perfect, True Blood) and Thomas Sadoski (Life in Pieces, The Newsroom) in a production that Entertainment Weekly calls a “shocking thrill ride that will leave you breathless.” Show runs until May 13. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. (DISCOUNTED) via Goldstar
8. [8 p.m.] Eleanor Friedberger with Gun Outfit at the Moroccan Lounge.
9. [various] Visit the Pasadena Showcase House of Design, a majestic Mediterranean masterpiece built in 1915 and designed by distinguished architect Reginald Davis Johnson, from April 22-May 20. The tours have been going strong since 1948, it’s also one of the oldest, largest and most successful house and garden tours in the country.
10. [various] Beyond the Streets is a fully immersive exhibition of street and graffiti art comprised of over 30 artist in a massive 40,000+ square feet exhibits. Artist are an eclectic mix of street and beyond including Retna, Shepard Fairey, Kenny Scharf Dennis Hopper and Jenny Holzer. Open Tuesday through Sunday this week. $25 ticket reservations are required.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $42.95 tix to the KROQ Weenie Roast (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.