You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, June 1, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [4 p.m.] Virgil Village hosts its inaugural Virgil Village First Friday from 4 to 9 p.m. Guests can enjoy a variety of special offerings like complimentary wine tastings and bites from local restaurants and businesses such as Melody, Vinovore and more.
2. [5 p.m.] FIGat7th Downtown Festival is back for another festive summer filled with live performances by leading artists in a variety of genres. The series kicks off with a laid-back dance DJ set by Poolside. FREE
3. [5:30 p.m.] Barnsdall Fridays returns to Barnsdall Art Park for the tenth year in a row, with evening tastings of boutique wines and music from KCRW DJs perched atop a hill with incredible city views.
4. [6 p.m.] Jazz at LACMA welcomes The Nick Mancini Collective at the BP grand entrance at 6 p.m. FREE
5. [7 p.m.] The 13th annual Lummis Day Festival celebrates Southwest Museum founder Charles Fletcher Lummis through multiple lively events in select locations in the Northeast Los Angeles area. This year the festival will run from June 1-3 with art, music, film, poetry programs scheduled. FREE
6. [7:30 p.m.] The Griffith Observatory hosts a monthly forum where some of the most amazing phenomena in the known universe are explained and discussed. It’s called All Space Considered and it takes place on the first Friday of every month. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] Grand Performances kicks off their summer series with a performance by Higher! The Psychedelic Soul & Genius of Sly and the Family Stone. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] L.A.-based dance troupe BODYTRAFFIC comes home for a three-night performance at The Wallis starting May 31.
9. [various] Third annual Venice Pride kicks off this weekend with a Pride Flag raising and rainbow reveal. The weekend will include the Venice Pride Sign Lighting, a block party, drag brunch, concerts and more.
10. [various] Since its the first Friday of the month check out all the cool events happening around town including block parties and art walks for First Fridays.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $10 tix to KROQ presents Nineties by Nature (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.