You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, June 15, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [noon] The Cat Art Show continues at Think Tank Gallery in DTLA.
2. [4 p.m.] For the 4th year in a row, the KTOWN Night Market is returning to Koreatown for a weekend (June 15-16) of live music performances, delicious food offerings and trendy Korean-beauty shopping.
3. [5 p.m.] . FIGat7th Downtown Festival is back for another festive summer filled with live performances by leading artists in a variety of genres. The series continues with Gabriel Garzon-Montano and Jarina De Marco. FREE
4. [6 p.m.] Odd Nights at the Autry take place every third Friday of the month through October. Each evening includes 60+ pop-up shops, 22 food trucks, and tons of family friendly activities.
5. [7:30 p.m.] Head to Malibu Wines for a free outdoor movie screening of Clueless. Guests are encouraged to bring their own picnic, blankets, pillows and purchase Malibu wines from the bar. FREE
6. [8 p.m.] Experience the theatrical version of Douglas Adams’ cult classic novel The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy when it comes to the Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts June 14-17. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [8 p.m.] Shakespeare By The Sea will once again offer a ten-week program of admission-free performances with two featured productions: The Merry Wives of Windsor and The Winter’s Tale at a variety of venues across the Los Angeles. Kicking off the series is The Merry Wives of Windsor at Point Fermin Park in San Pedro at 8 p.m. Thursday through Saturday. FREE
8. [8:30 p.m.] Union Station in DTLA will host Filmmm, a series of food-centric films, this summer. The series begins on Friday with the documentary Harvey Girls: Opportunity Bound. FREE
9. [8:30 p.m.] Celebrate summer in Los Angeles watching some beloved films during Outdoor Movies at the Skirball. This Friday West Side Story will be screened with a Q&A with George Chakiris, who played Bernardo in West Side Story. We suggest you arrive early to check out the Leonard Bernstein at 100 exhibit to get the full West Side Story experience. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [8:30 p.m.] Considering Mathew Shepard a musical response to the tragic death of Shepard through a hate crime seeks to celebrate his life and takes a deeper look into humanity. The choral drama will feature the 30-member GRAMMY winning Conspirare choir, a tight instrumental ensemble and projected imagery with special hosts like Candice Cayne and the Gay Men’s Chorus.
DEAL OF THE DAY: Get FREE tix to L.A. Food Fest’s Sunday Funday series (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.